Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: favourite / least favourite cricket commentators

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer username1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    auckland, new zealand
    Posts
    97

    favourite / least favourite cricket commentators

    Hey guys, just wondering which commentator's you like and which ones you find really irratating.

    my favourites would be - Ian Smith, Micheal Holding, Ian chappel, and sidhu

    least favourite- Ian healy, Martin Crowe, tony greig.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    27,072
    Favourites; Ritchie, David Gower, Michael Slater, Geoff Boycott
    Not-so-favourites; Mark Taylor, Ian Healy

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    2UE Studios - The Fortress of Irreverent Logic
    Posts
    62
    My good friend Ritchie Beneau would have to be my favourite commentator. He is to cricket commentary what I am to talkback radio - a true legend.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,957
    Richie by a mile. I also enjoy Boycott, Mark Nicholas, Michael Holding and several others.


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Likes: Richie Benaud, Robin Jackman, Gerald De Kock, David Richardson, Imraan Munshi, Mark Nicholas, Dermot Reeve, Simon Hughes, Barry Richards, Ian Smith, Ian Bishop, Geoffrey Boycott, Charles Colville, Bob Willis, Paul Allott, David Gower, David Lloyd, Ian Botham, Michael Holding, Jonathan Agnew, Christopher Martin-Jenkins, Henry Blofeld, Bill Lawry, Tony Greig, Mark Taylor, Ian Healey, Jim Maxwell, Ravi Shastri, Harsha Bhogle, Sanjay Manjrekar, Sunil Gavaskar, Tony Cozier, Navjot Sidhu, Ramiz Raja, Ranjit Fernando, David Houghton, Andy Pycroft, Michael Atherton, Nasser Hussain, Roshan Mahanama, and many others I've forgotten.
    Dislikes: Joe Bloggs
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    2UE Studios - The Fortress of Irreverent Logic
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Likes: Richie Benaud, Robin Jackman, Gerald De Kock, David Richardson, Imraan Munshi, Mark Nicholas, Dermot Reeve, Simon Hughes, Barry Richards, Ian Smith, Ian Bishop, Geoffrey Boycott, Charles Colville, Bob Willis, Paul Allott, David Gower, David Lloyd, Ian Botham, Michael Holding, Jonathan Agnew, Christopher Martin-Jenkins, Henry Blofeld, Bill Lawry, Tony Greig, Mark Taylor, Ian Healey, Jim Maxwell, Ravi Shastri, Harsha Bhogle, Sanjay Manjrekar, Sunil Gavaskar, Tony Cozier, Navjot Sidhu, Ramiz Raja, Ranjit Fernando, David Houghton, Andy Pycroft, Michael Atherton, Nasser Hussain, Roshan Mahanama, and many others I've forgotten.
    Dislikes: Joe Bloggs
    Thanks for naming every cricket commentator on earth there Richard. You've given us a good insight into just how obsessed with the game you are. Granted cricket is right up there as one of the best sports being played but its time to get out a little. Listening to my daily show would do you the world of good. Might give you an idea about the real world. Simply click on my homepage and you will find a link to enable you to listen to my show online. I know, I know, I said you should get out a little but i understand that may be a little too much too soon. Just listen to the show and im sure in time you will build up the courage to take control of your life.
    Regards
    John Laws CBE
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    It's fantastic to see you making exactly the same sort of comments as Camel56 about my life about which you have equal knowledge: zero.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    2UE Studios - The Fortress of Irreverent Logic
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    It's fantastic to see you making exactly the same sort of comments as Camel56 about my life about which you have equal knowledge: zero.
    Dearest Richard,
    Let me asure you, I do not need to read the posts of Camel56 to have a fairly good understanding of what your life entails. You have made over 12500 posts, including more than 500 this week alone. The fact of the matter is, this kind of statistic tells me more about you than any psycological analysis ever could.
    Regards
    John Laws CBE
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  9. #9
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    No, it doesn't, it just tells you that I've not been up to much this week.
    And it's totally stupid of you to think otherwise.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  10. #10
    Cricket Spectator Ray Hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    No, it doesn't, it just tells you that I've not been up to much this week.
    And it's totally stupid of you to think otherwise.
    Not stupid at all Richard, in fact I'd say judging by those figures John was spot on.Perhaps if you found some form of meaningful vocation you'd have a bit more to than post inane paranoid tripe on this site.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  11. #11
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    27,072
    Come on guys, grow up.

    Must you urinate in every thread you post in? The fact that you would take any opportunity to ball Richard out for his exceedingly () long list says more about your questionable motives for being here than any of his motivations. The self-congratulatory, mutual admiration society you two and Pinkline_Jones engage in is well beyond tiresome. Watching monkeys in a cage play with each other is fun for a while but when they start flinging their own faeces at you well, enough is enough.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 03-03-2005 at 08:00 PM.

  12. #12
    Banned Pinkline Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vaucluse
    Posts
    157
    Richard,

    Christopher Martin-Jenkins LOL!

    What the heck has a bloke who performs eye surgery in Kent have to do with cricket commentary?

    http://www.kentlasik.co.uk/surgery-pages/jenkins.html
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  13. #13
    Banned Pinkline Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vaucluse
    Posts
    157
    Incorrect again there Richard,

    YES IT DOES. It's totally UNSTUPID of us to accurately guess that aside from pulling the wings off flies and staring at the test pattern as you mumble into your cupasoup, you've been contributing bugger all.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    2UE Studios - The Fortress of Irreverent Logic
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkline Jones
    Richard,

    Christopher Martin-Jenkins LOL!

    What the heck has a bloke who performs eye surgery in Kent have to do with cricket commentary?

    http://www.kentlasik.co.uk/surgery-pages/jenkins.html
    Mr Jones,
    Perhaps you could use your considerable influence in the medical community to organise some eye surgery for young Richard so he can read our collective postsa little better. While you're at it, a frontal labotomy wouldnt go astray either - would do the young chap the world of good.
    Regars
    John Laws CBE
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    2UE Studios - The Fortress of Irreverent Logic
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Come on guys, grow up.

    Must you urinate in every thread you post in? The fact that you would take any opportunity to ball Richard out for his exceedingly () long list says more about your questionable motives for being here than any of his motivations. The self-congratulatory, mutual admiration society you two and Pinkline_Jones engage in is well beyond tiresome. Watching monkeys in a cage play with each other is fun for a while but when they start flinging their own faeces at you well, enough is enough.
    Top Cat,
    I will give your request due consideration. From my brief time on this forum I have already got the impression that you are the kind of fellow who could make an impact in the world of talkback radio although I must admit the last comment you have just added to your previous post makes me question my original opinion. However, if you keep up the good work I would be happy to give you a reference if ever you should decide to go down the path to becoming a media icon. Depending on the quality of your work, I may even decide to make an exception to my usual cash for comments policy.
    Yours sincerly,
    John Laws CBE
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Slow death of international cricket
    By Langeveldt in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 26-12-2018, 10:50 PM
  2. Favourite websites?
    By Langeveldt in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 12:40 AM
  3. cricket 2004 what do you think? EA or no way
    By DAN THE MAN in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-06-2004, 07:54 PM
  4. Cricket Web: Attention all who use Cricket Web
    By Lach in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2001, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •