• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Or Pakistan

wich team would u want to win if u not indian or pakistani

• pakistan

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • india

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • any

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
You mentioned ten Pakistan whome you want to see fail in test matches!! Well even if the 11th guy do wonders the team you end up in a big hole like that!
Yes, Inzamam-Ul-Haq is the only Pakistani who's really given me reason to think he's a quality Test-match player. Shoaib Akhtar, Saqlain Mushtaq and Shabbir Ahmed, too, are missing.

Sehwag309

Banned
Someone plz remind me of this terrace thing of 2002. Has this anything gotta to do anything with India in England 2002

About the fans, I can direct you to sites where you might start hating terrace, balcony, backyard Pak fans. But there are good/bad fans everywhere, hating their team just coz few said some words is well...sad

Its just a sport, some ppl get more worked up and excited than others (self included at times)

Let it be a good show for both the fans..this series and the previous one was more than a sport..its basically a diplomatic move but some don't see it that way

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
Someone plz remind me of this terrace thing of 2002. Has this anything gotta to do anything with India in England 2002
Some Indians on here were basically saying India are now the greatest team on Earth... Agarkar is now the greatest all-rounder on Earth... etc.
And Neil got annoyed by it.

Richard said:
Yes, Inzamam-Ul-Haq is the only Pakistani who's really given me reason to think he's a quality Test-match player. Shoaib Akhtar, Saqlain Mushtaq and Shabbir Ahmed, too, are missing.

Completely agreed, in the present test side only Inzi is a class act.

Richard said:
Some Indians on here were basically saying India are now the greatest team on Earth... Agarkar is now the greatest all-rounder on Earth... etc.
Actually the debate was about Indian team better than England (which was correct at that time).

I don't remember any Indian fan claiming Agarkar was the greatest allrounder, if a single person said that then it was an opinion of one particular guy only.

PAKMAN said:
who would u want to win if u not an indian or pakistani

A couple of years back England's captain Naseer Hussain said that India was "the heart and soul of cricket"!!!

With that i rest my case :)

Sehwag309

Banned
Richard said:
No Wonder, well it happens. I want them to be best on earth but they are miles away from that. Many things have to be sorted before even entering that Zone

Deja moo

International Captain
Personally I can see why some would support Pakistan purely because of the blind support some Indians on the forums can have for their team. But surely some of the Australians cannot be the ones to throw that in anyones face !! Pffffttt!
As for the"right to be arrogant", laughable. What have you done slats? Trained , coached, tutored the Australian team personally ?

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
vandemataram said:
A couple of years back England's captain Naseer Hussain said that India was "the heart and soul of cricket"!!!

With that i rest my case :)
probably dude cos it's in india where cricket is most popular!!! i don't think he meant it to mean they're the best and keeps cricket going..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Personally I can see why some would support Pakistan purely because of the blind support some Indians on the forums can have for their team. But surely some of the Australians cannot be the ones to throw that in anyones face !! Pffffttt!
As for the"right to be arrogant", laughable. What have you done slats? Trained , coached, tutored the Australian team personally ?
Maybe the feelings towards India are the result of the 'in your face' attitude that this Indian team has shown at times to the mighty Aussie side of the day. No one else has shown the inclination to do so.

Arrogance detests even a whiff of arrogance (or anything other than servility) from the opposite side :p

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Well i can bet any amount of money on IKP performing very well and shattering Pakistani weak batting lineup.

As for Rana, he simply doesn't desrve a mention, its not that i don't like him, its just that i do think he's of international class.
And heres me thinkin that he did really well in australia 8-)

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Slats4ever said:
probably dude cos it's in india where cricket is most popular!!! i don't think he meant it to mean they're the best and keeps cricket going..
i second that

C_C

International Captain
Richard- Pathan is anything but ordinary....he isnt a performer yet but he is a great talent.
He has the right equipment to become an alltime great bowler IMO....and when it comes to newbies,stats are irrelevant really. Lots of players have had a superb start and then petered down to mediocre levels while a lot of players have a very slow start and blossom into great players.
Whether Irfan would be a great or not is yet to be seen but he has everything that makes him a potential great. Not only is he new, he is also very very young.
Incidentally, after 8 matches( since you dont consider BD proper opposition-and neither do i), Irfan compares thus far against some of the alltime great bowlers:

vs McGrath (better ave, more wickets)
vs Imran Khan(better ave, more wickets)
vs Marshall( aveage-39, 1 more wicket)
vs Hadlee( better ave, exactly same # of wickets)

And whats more, he debuted at a FAR younger age than any of these bar Imran Khan.
He has brisk pace ( consistently bowls at 86-87mph, top speed just a few metres short of 90mph), has a lethal delivery that comes into the righthanded batsmen, a stunning yorker and an excellent bouncer........ordinary is not a word i would chose for Pathan....unproven is more like it.

Last edited: