• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Or Pakistan

wich team would u want to win if u not indian or pakistani

• pakistan

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • india

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • any

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
how many times do we have to go thro this? do you not understand that averages should only be looked at against test class oppositon? his average not including the series against b'desh stands at 45.5 ATM.
Talk to me when ICC decides to declare Bangladesh non-test Class. so long as BD have their TEST Status, I will count Pathan's performance against them.

You are right, Imran Overhyped Inzi, so far Inzi has scored only 18000 internatioal runs in his career. What a Hype. :-O Only person who deserves the hype is Greame Hick who scored a massive 7000 International runs and Inzi has a long way to go before he can even come close to those 7000 international runs milestone set by Hick.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sanz said:
Talk to me when ICC decides to declare Bangladesh non-test Class. so long as BD have their TEST Status, I will count Pathan's performance against them.

You are right, Imran Overhyped Inzi, so far Inzi has scored only 18000 internatioal runs in his career. What a Hype. :-O Only person who deserves the hype is Greame Hick who scored a massive 7000 International runs and Inzi has a long way to go before he can even come close to those 7000 international runs milestone set by Hick.
sarcasm is a wonderful thing

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Yes, and like anyone else who needs to do such to attempt to prove a blatantly non-existent case, you are clutching at straws.
Bangladesh are exceptionally clearly not Test class, they may have done occasionally well such as on their debut or against Pakistan in a dead match (and ANYONE can do well against Pakistan in a dead match), but they are not making any improvements over a long time and even if they had they'd have so far to go it'd barely have made any difference.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
so cricket was the winner over all ,well played both the teams ,great series ,

pathan not lookin as dangerous after injury

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:

Yes very absorbing series. Hats off to Pakistan for coming back so strongly.

You are right about Pathan. His side strain has surely resulted in some subtle change in his body action because of which he has completely lost his inswinger with the new ball. Without that delivery he appears an oridinary bowler at his pace.

He needs to talk to somone and try and get whatever change has crept in rectified. At the moment there is no one in the Indian camp who is qualified to help him.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
PAKMAN said:

Yes but in my opinion Pakistan was the better team just by a bit...Inzy sure has earned respect from me (not that he'd care for it!)...

...and Ganguly had no dignity left...didn't earn it this time either

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
and the turnaround started from kamran akmal ans abdul azzaq's match saving innings n the first test for pakistan

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
You are right about Pathan. His side strain has surely resulted in some subtle change in his body action because of which he has completely lost his inswinger with the new ball. Without that delivery he appears an oridinary bowler at his pace.

He needs to talk to somone and try and get whatever change has crept in rectified. At the moment there is no one in the Indian camp who is qualified to help him.
His average has simply risen from 41 to 47.
Hardly see that any side-strain made a difference, though I've got to say I'm not surprised to hear excuses being made.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, I think that fightback told the Pakistani's they could compete in the series, and for the 2nd Test they did indeed match India for a long time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They did.
Rather surprising, too.
But maybe Younis Khan has finally come of age as a Test-player.
And hopefully Arshad Khan has surprised a few people, even if he did only take 2 wickets at 51.
And, of course, the best thing to come of it is Inzamam has well-and-truly proven himself against India.
And Pathan's average continues to rise... 1 good game in his entire Test-career, at Multan...
I think Danish did a bit better than some people expected, too, even if he wasn't particularly outstanding.
Youhana certainly did better than I thought he might.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
afridi played very well too ,looks like he has cemented his place now, a couple a years ago even the county'z didnt take him

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Swervy said:
what..considering he has no talent :p
surely after inzi youhana is pakistans best batsman ?
if he has no talent that doesnt really say a lot for their side does it ?

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
younis khan has probably over shadowed hima bit in this series with his batting and being vice captain

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
what..considering he has no talent :p
sledger said:
surely after inzi youhana is pakistans best batsman ?
if he has no talent that doesnt really say a lot for their side does it ?
I'd not go so far as to say Youhana has no talent for the Test-match game, but not an extraorinary amount.
And no, he's not their second-best Test-batsman, Younis Khan is quite clearly better than him, as long as this is not another false dawn (and I can't help getting the feeling that he's got it right this time, unlike the last 3 or 4).
But yes, that he's their third-best Test-batsman doesn't say a lot for their Test-side - which is why it's so remarkable that they escaped with a drawn Test-series.
And no, he's not their second-best ODI-batsman, either - he's their best.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Richard said:
I'd not go so far as to say Youhana has no talent for the Test-match game, but not an extraorinary amount.
And no, he's not their second-best Test-batsman, Younis Khan is quite clearly better than him, as long as this is not another false dawn (and I can't help getting the feeling that he's got it right this time, unlike the last 3 or 4).
But yes, that he's their third-best Test-batsman doesn't say a lot for their Test-side - which is why it's so remarkable that they escaped with a drawn Test-series.
And no, he's not their second-best ODI-batsman, either - he's their best.
good points there richard, for once i think i would have to agree with you and concede that my previous post was not correct.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well until recently you'd have been 100% correct, but Younis Khan has averaged 69.61 in his last 7 Tests.
I mean, he's always been ridiculously inconsistent...
Century on debut...
Next 4 games averaging 15.28...
Next 13 games averaging 58...
Next 6 games averaging 17.54...
Then these 7 averaging 69.61...
It's always been abundantly clear that he's got some incredible potential (domistic-First-Class average in the 50s) but I've always doubted his Test credentials, before now. Don't know why, but I just think it might be the real deal this time... then again, I thought that with Shoaib in 2003\04.