• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ian O'Brien....

Ming

State 12th Man
Anyone see this guy bowl? The papers are saying he bowls at a good clip, and bowls an "awkward" length.

Is O'Brien faster than James Franklin and the rest of the Wellington domestic bowling attack?

Ming

State 12th Man
Where did Richardson say that?

I doubt O'Brien can bowl 140+, otherwise he would have been in the papers already, because only two bowlers in NZ can bowl above 140....

Franklin is really only around 128-133.

Ming

State 12th Man
Well lets hope he can get it up to 140....

Cricinfo call him a Right Arm Medium, but they call Canning Fast Medium....

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Ming said:
I doubt O'Brien can bowl 140+, otherwise he would have been in the papers already, because only two bowlers in NZ can bowl above 140....

Not true.

Quite a few players have been clocked around or over 140, But most haven't been able to hold together, or play consistant cricket.

James McMillan is a classic example.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've seen him bowl at the Basin Reserve and I'd say he's slower than James Franklin - middle 120k's IMO.

Ming

State 12th Man
Oh dear. He's a genuine military medium pacer then!

Might as well have Tama Canning instead of him if O'Brien is around 125....

Not good. Not good.