Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Are the umpires favoring Australia?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 48.48%
  • No

16 48.48%
  • no, it is totally even

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia Cheating?????

Cricket Spectator

Australia Cheating?????

i wanted to know everyones take on wehter Australia is cheating or not, when they really dont need to. Im sure most people in here saw this recent ODI series vs. NZ and also against Pakistan. I mean in the first match Flemming was definetly not out on that LBW yet they gave it, then against Pakistan they made hooorrrible calls in the VB Series. It always seems to be favoring Australia. I mean its really unfair because Pakistan got some defenite plumb lbws which werent called while Australia got lbws which were questionble or not close.

From teh top order of the opposing team at least 2 or 3 batsmen get called out on a crucial call or one that definetly doesnt look out. then on the other side a call for Australia is never given and they get an extra chance, lets say that one time when Ponting was out on 12 and they didnt give it and he hit 40 that day and i dont remeber who but the other team lost by less around the difference. then the otehr day, in the second match of the NZ series i think it was Clarke when on his leg side it hit his glove and McCulum caught it yet the umpire called it a wide. So then it ends up being only say 7 outs for the opposing team while with teh advantage Australia gets they get 12 outs which makes it almost a 2 to 1.

I want other peoples take on whether it is fair or not.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    How is that cheating? More like saying they get more breaks than their opposition.

Even if that was the case, I don't think they get enough breaks to justify them being so much better than the rest of the world. Nothing else accounts for the huge gap that exists between them and the rest of the cricketing world, as much as their skill and work ethic.

The way I see it - whether they got the breaks or not, they would still be the #1 team in the world, by quite a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by aziznana786
    From teh top order of the opposing team at least 2 or 3 batsmen get called out on a crucial call or one that definetly doesnt look out. then on the other side a call for Australia is never given and they get an extra chance, lets say that one time when Ponting was out on 12 and they didnt give it and he hit 40 that day and i dont remeber who but the other team lost by less around the difference. then the otehr day, in the second match of the NZ series i think it was Clarke when on his leg side it hit his glove and McCulum caught it yet the umpire called it a wide. So then it ends up being only say 7 outs for the opposing team while with teh advantage Australia gets they get 12 outs which makes it almost a 2 to 1.
    Gilchrist and Hayden, respectively. At least get the players right before you make such claims!

Personally, I think the successful teams in each era gets more decisions in their favour. Whether it can be put down to cheating, as opposed to downright incompetent umpiring, is questionable.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Ludicrous claim !!

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    oh u're going to have a short life here aziz if u carry on like that
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Whats the difference between the options NO and NO its totally even ??

Banned
    In any case, how is it Australias Fault if umpires are favouring them?

Blame the Umpires, envy the Auzzies

Cricket Spectator
    dont know, ill change that

Quote Originally Posted by TendulkarFan
    How is that cheating? More like saying they get more breaks than their opposition.

Even if that was the case, I don't think they get enough breaks to justify them being so much better than the rest of the world. Nothing else accounts for the huge gap that exists between them and the rest of the cricketing world, as much as their skill and work ethic.

The way I see it - whether they got the breaks or not, they would still be the #1 team in the world, by quite a distance.

Ok, lets say its not cheating but its just "breaks" then why is it that Australia always get sooo many breaks. I mean dont you think if say an opener like Flemming got out in the first over by a bad call that it not only gives them one less out but hits the team physcologically? i mean your best batsman is already out.

U19 12th Man
    Aus is the Number 1 team in cricket currently, and most 'neutral' supporters would like to see them lose and therefore support the other team ( fair enough too ). That means that there are more likely to be significantly more anti-aus posts on forums than pro-aus.

Winning makes you forget the bad breaks you got during the game, losing makes you think about the 'if onlys'.

All of this means that whatever the truth of the matter, there will be a lot more posts about Aus getting the breaks than whoever Aus are playing, giving the perception that there is a massive discrepancy.

I'm not saying there isn't a bias towards Aus ( and I'm not saying there is ), but I suspect if there is it's a lot less than a lot of people seem to think.

ah stop trying to rubbish australia's domination of cricket!

Telsor u on the other hand will have a future here

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    And why, may one respectfully ask, would the umpires indulge in this less than honourable behaviour ??

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Whats the difference between the options NO and NO its totally even ??
    word

Cricket Spectator
    aigh look yall got me as if i hate Australia or something, i think they are the best team in Cricket in the world. I love their bowling attack although they are not my favorite team, but i dont hate them. i just want to know your take because how i see it, they always get favorouble calls. i was also hoping that someone would bring up the topic of Hawk Eye but i guess most of teh people here are Ausi lovers and are so busy gunning me down they wont look at the whole situation, especiallly from another percpective.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by aziznana786
    dont know, ill change that

Ok, lets say its not cheating but its just "breaks" then why is it that Australia always get sooo many breaks. I mean dont you think if say an opener like Flemming got out in the first over by a bad call that it not only gives them one less out but hits the team physcologically? i mean your best batsman is already out.
    If your opener getting out in the first over "hits the team psychologically" enough to lose then you are probably not good enough to beat a mentally strong team like the Aussies. Let's face it, no team is as opportunistic and ruthless as the Aussies are.

Like I said before, it's a futile argument so I don't want to carry on with it. Breaks or not, they would still be the best team in the world by quite a distance.
    Last edited by TendulkarFan; 01-03-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    I believe in the old adage "you make ur own luck". I think the Aussies play so well that when close decisions happen, they generally go their way. It isn't anyone's fault, really. Plus, given how much the Aussies dominate this game, I think whenever they get these "lucky breaks", they are highlighted much more than when the other teams get these "lucky breaks". But I DEFINITELY don't think there is any amount of cheating involved here. It is just pure domination and whatever lucky breaks the Aussies get, it is just that they are reaping the rewards for being so much better than everyone else.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information