• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Cheating?????

Are the umpires favoring Australia?

• Yes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • no, it is totally even

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aziznana786 said:
aigh look yall got me as if i hate Australia or something, i think they are the best team in Cricket in the world. I love their bowling attack although they are not my favorite team, but i dont hate them. i just want to know your take because how i see it, they always get favorouble calls. i was also hoping that someone would bring up the topic of Hawk Eye but i guess most of teh people here are Ausi lovers and are so busy gunning me down they wont look at the whole situation, especiallly from another percpective.
The problem I find with hawkeye is that it's not 100% accurate, it's just an estimate of where the ball may have gone and what it may have done. I honestly think that if it was looked at over the period of a year or so it wouldn't be that large a gap. I also think that teams that whinge about it won't get any better or closer to beating Oz as they're looking at extrinsic factors for their defeat instead of practicing their batting, bowling and fielding more.

If you've got a problem with being given out via a poor LBW decision try hitting it with the bat.

aziznana786 said:
i wanted to know everyones take on wehter Australia is cheating or not, when they really dont need to. Im sure most people in here saw this recent ODI series vs. NZ and also against Pakistan. I mean in the first match Flemming was definetly not out on that LBW yet they gave it, then against Pakistan they made hooorrrible calls in the VB Series. It always seems to be favoring Australia. I mean its really unfair because Pakistan got some defenite plumb lbws which werent called while Australia got lbws which were questionble or not close.

From teh top order of the opposing team at least 2 or 3 batsmen get called out on a crucial call or one that definetly doesnt look out. then on the other side a call for Australia is never given and they get an extra chance, lets say that one time when Ponting was out on 12 and they didnt give it and he hit 40 that day and i dont remeber who but the other team lost by less around the difference. then the otehr day, in the second match of the NZ series i think it was Clarke when on his leg side it hit his glove and McCulum caught it yet the umpire called it a wide. So then it ends up being only say 7 outs for the opposing team while with teh advantage Australia gets they get 12 outs which makes it almost a 2 to 1.

I want other peoples take on whether it is fair or not.

Typical of Pakistanis, whenever they lose they start whinging.Why can't you accept that ur team was no match to Aussies??

STOP being a cry baby, ur coach is already a disgrace,now the fans are proving to be disgrace too :@

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
When other teams create as many close calls as Australia, maybe some will go their way.

As it stands, Australian breaks are publicised most because the players make the most of their reprieve.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Typical of Pakistanis, whenever they lose they start whinging.Why can't you accept that ur team was no match to Aussies??

STOP being a cry baby, ur coach is already a disgrace,now the fans are proving to be disgrace too :@
Whereas that sort of comment isn't in the slightest disgraceful.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely ridiculous thread/poll... I would like to know the people who answered Yes... I dont think they'll tell us mainly because of fear of being proven wrong, or they just have a disliking for Australia and wish to rename faceless... hmmmm

C_C

International Captain
SJS- apart from snide remarks, stating the obvious and some witty remarks, do you ACTUALLY contribute towards any discussion ?
I have been told that you are one of the older boys here.
Surely i dont need to remind you that your comments would appear a lot more convincing if you actually ARGUED your point instead of saying stuff like 'sour grapes/bull shyte/etc etc'.

PS: I would ask you to talk to *ANY* professional psychologist.... you would find that my points are VERY WELL based with psychology in perspective.

PPS : I see that i've scarred the rascal badly...so much so that he has taken to quoting me in his sig.

C_C

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Absolutely ridiculous thread/poll... I would like to know the people who answered Yes... I dont think they'll tell us mainly because of fear of being proven wrong, or they just have a disliking for Australia and wish to rename faceless... hmmmm

I for one, voted yes.
And i would like to see you ATTEMPT to prove me wrong.

PS: its a catch twenty two. You cant prove me wrong, i cannot prove you wrong. Refer back to my previous argument on one of the PERKS of having technology in control instead of old and fat men with dubious eyesight.

benchmark00

C_C said:
SJS- apart from snide remarks, stating the obvious and some witty remarks, do you ACTUALLY contribute towards any discussion ?
I have been told that you are one of the older boys here.
Surely i dont need to remind you that your comments would appear a lot more convincing if you actually ARGUED your point instead of saying stuff like 'sour grapes/bull shyte/etc etc'.

PS: I would ask you to talk to *ANY* professional psychologist.... you would find that my points are VERY WELL based with psychology in perspective.

PPS : I see that i've scarred the rascal badly...so much so that he has taken to quoting me in his sig.
What are you talking about? SJS is one of the best posters on this forum, he provides a very knowledgeable perspective on the game of cricket, and i for one greatly respect his opinions on the game (and off! :D )... I think if you actually took the time to read some of his posts, you would agree...

C_C

International Captain
What are you talking about? SJS is one of the best posters on this forum, he provide a very knowledgeable perspective on the game of cricket, and i for one greatly respect his opinions on the game (and off! )... I think if you actually took the time to read some of his posts, you would agree...
Personally, apart from being smug, non-confrontrational to a fault and a few witty comments here and there, i havnt seen much of substance from him really.

benchmark00

C_C said:
I for one, voted yes.
And i would like to see you ATTEMPT to prove me wrong.

PS: its a catch twenty two. You cant prove me wrong, i cannot prove you wrong. Refer back to my previous argument on one of the PERKS of having technology in control instead of old and fat men with dubious eyesight.
Please answer this question then, how has Australia broken the rules of cricket?

C_C

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Please answer this question then, how has Australia broken the rules of cricket?
The question is not about breaking the rules verbatim. The question is about if the umpires favour the aussies or not.
Personally, i would like to see a bigger variety of umpires dealing with the aussies....they see too much of bucknor and bowden.

benchmark00

C_C said:
The question is not about breaking the rules verbatim. The question is about if the umpires favour the aussies or not.
Personally, i would like to see a bigger variety of umpires dealing with the aussies....they see too much of bucknor and bowden.
Yes but you would have to agree the original claim (being the title thread) is cheating, so all im trying to say here is that you clarify your stance and say that australia arent cheating, but in your opinion get favoured. I would then be more than happy to accept your stance.... although i still stick by my claim this is a stupid thread.

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Yes but you would have to agree the original claiming (being the title thread) is cheating, so all im trying to say here is that you clarify your stance and say that australia arent cheating, but in your opinion get favoured. I would then be more than happy to accept your stance.... although i still stick by my claim this is a stupid thread.
I agree that the title of the thread doesnt match the polling options.
Umpires favouring the aussies have nothing to do with aussie culpability...atleast not directly.

I voted the first option based on the question posed : do the umpires favour the aussies. I think yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.