• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Would you have Bat for your Life

Who would you have to bat for your life

• Justin Langer

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Ricky Ponting

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Damien Martyn

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Stephen Fleming

• Michael Vaughan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Strauss

• Rahul Dravid

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Brian Lara

• Jacques Kallis

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Graham Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
That's funny because Gillespie has had the wood on Sachin quite a bit and McGrath on Lara...

you could probably say Mcgrath has done very well against Sachin as well.
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Granted Lara has been dismissed by McGrath several times, but he has also played some epic innings against him. I'd call that rivalry even.
I'd say Lara has won categorically, Tendulkar too.
They've both scored stacks of runs against Australia and even though they've been dismissed often by both, I'd say they've scored enough runs to win any battles.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Really?
Provide some more insight, then.
Smith had trouble against Giles for quite a while during one of the doubles, can't remember which because it was a long time ago and I have more important things to remember,

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He looked a bit uncomfortable, yes - it was the Edgbaston one, to refresh your memory.
He still gave 3 chances in God-knows-how-many deliveries - 2 of them from slogs as a declaration approached.