• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England 'A' in the UAE etc

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Richard said:
Having seen both bat Prior looks a little better than a slogger and Ambrose looks a very fine strokeplaying batsman.
Both are excellent wicketkeepers.
Doesnt Ambrose want to play for Australia and not England though? that case alone should put Prior in ahead...wont happen though :@

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Doesnt Ambrose want to play for Australia and not England though?
I certainly hope not - haven't heard.
If so, he'd do well to get himself out of county cricket and into state cricket.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another ton for Bell in the 4 day game with SL A. A couple of half-centuries for Cook and Shah. Clarke scored 4...

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bell = the final piece, his batting is perfect and will really if selected be benificail vs the austarlians, pieterson and bell have shown there worth for the summer....lets thrash bangladesh, then mash the aussies

twctopcat

International Regular
I'm still inclined Bell over Pietersen, though i don't know why. I wish we played SA instead of Bangladesh in april with kp and bell because we won't learn much from playing the tigers, will still be a stab in the dark for the ashes.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great first day for England, thought we might be in trouble in SL, iirc the A side toured England last summer and were pretty dominant. Remains to be seen how we'll be able to tame their batting though.

Great knock from Rikki

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Small observation, when I saw 272-4 off 90 overs on Sky Sports News just now I thought "Oh, slow scoring chaps", but it's actually still over 3 per over. :D

The Oz batting of the last five years has really effected a sea-change in cricket.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
No, they don't
Rikki Clarke just always does poorly in limited-overs matches - he's certainly not anywhere near as poor in the First-Class game as he is in ODers.
You're right! How could i doubt anyone with a first class economy of over 4? 8-)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at some of Sri Lanka's players their batting doesn't look that strong, the team doesn't contain any players with a FC average over 35, compared to Bell, Shah, Prior, Powell, Solanki, Cook, heck even Rikki Clarke in the England squad