• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lance Hamilton and Craig Cumming picked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming

State 12th Man
Papps and Tuffey out.

Good to see Hamilton finally getting his chance. Hopefully he does well on Tuesday and actually starts, instead of Wilson or Adams. Vettori's chances of playing in the next game are good as well, apparently the back injury isn't as bad as first thought. I would open the bowling with Cairns and Hamilton, we just need someone at the top who can be accurate, and I think Cairns can do that job for us.

1 Fleming
2 Astle
3 Cumming
4 H Marshall
5 McMillan
6 J Marshall
7 Cairns
8 McCullum+
9 Vettori
10 Wilson
11 Hamilton

Ming

State 12th Man
Yes.

Because it's too crowded in the Official thread with some Kiwi and a range of Aussies discussing:

a) Hussey's catch
b) Lee being evil
c) Lee's intentional beamers

Natman20

International Debutant
Ming said:
Yes.

Because it's too crowded in the Official thread with some Kiwi and a range of Aussies discussing:

a) Hussey's catch
b) Lee being evil
c) Lee's intentional beamers
lol true true

Ming

State 12th Man
I was surpised to see Cumming picked, even though he had a "good" State Shield, I thought that his team mate Gaffaney was a better One Day player than him.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ really is crying out for Ross Taylor to kick on. That # 3 position is just sitting there waiting for him IMO, and if you told me last summer that Cumming would be ahead of him in March 2005 I would've been staggered.

Taylor's difficult season (a combination of injuries, seaming pitches, and his Afridi-like desire for just about every innings to be at better than a run-a-ball), Jamie How's early form coming to a screeching halt and Richard Sherlock's back injury have made the domestic summer a lot more ho-hum that I thought it would be, which is a shame.

Last edited:

Ming

State 12th Man
Kippax said:
NZ really is crying out for Ross Taylor to kick on. That # 3 position is just sitting there waiting for him IMO, and if you told me last summer that Cumming would be ahead of him in March 2005 I would've been staggered.

Taylor's difficult season (a combination of injuries, seaming pitches, and his Afridi-like desire for just about every innings to be at better than a run-a-ball), Jamie How's early form coming to a screeching halt and Richard Sherlock's back injury have made the domestic summer a lot more ho-hum that I thought it would be, which is a shame.
Ross Taylor was superb in the 2003/4 season. A few players have passed him on the ladder, inc Cumming, J Marshall and possibly Vincent. But I guess he is still in the selector's eye after getting selected for the SOO game.

Status
Not open for further replies.