• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond's first-class comeback confirmed

Cloete

International Captain
Fantastic News! Hopefully he can get back into some rhythm. He's a class bowler and I'm not too concerned whether he bowls well or not for a few matches. He just needs to get his rhythm and match fitness back. Ket's hope he doen't manage to injure himself as well!!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Great news from a New Zealand perspective. Hopefully he'll find good pace bowling some decent spells, and most importantly, come through feeling injury-free.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
33 overs seems like a pretty large workload for a pace bowler returning from what Bond is. Will be interesting to see how he copes.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
33 overs seems like a pretty large workload for a pace bowler returning from what Bond is. Will be interesting to see how he copes.
It's higher than I thought it'd be initially as well. It's interesting that two weeks ago he gave a flat "no" in regards to playing tests this autumn, now it's "I don't think I'll be ready".

Don't tell me he's been watching the coverage of Tuffey and co. and suddenly wants to be a hero...;)

To be fair, Bond's been bowling up to 35 overs a weekend in club cricket for the last 8 weeks, so he should be fine. I guess the only difference might be the added adrenaline of bowling to CD's Sinclair, Jamie How, Ross Taylor, etc. on a featherbed surface.

cricket player

International Debutant
I really dont care if he comes or not,and stop making stupid threads about bond,he will come back to international cricket when he feels like,he doesnt need our sympathy.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
I really dont care if he comes or not,and stop making stupid threads about bond,he will come back to international cricket when he feels like,he doesnt need our sympathy.
Don't you think a return to first-class cricket is an important step in his come-back?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:
Bond is without doubt, a huge player within the New Zealand cricket side. His recovery is an important process to getting back in the side - besides, I've noticed just one regarding his comeback to club cricket and now one for domestic cricket. Considering the number of New Zealanders on the forum, that's hardly unreasonable.

Blaze

Banned
Sir Redman said:
Brilliant news!
I can feel the Aussie batsmen shaking from here...

I can't.. they will be long gone out of shores by the time he is fully fit and avaliable/

shaka

International Regular
I hope they dont rush him into the black caps, it would be really good if he could make the Sri Lanka series. NZ desperately needs him to get back and stay fit and uninjured.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricket player said:
Go away Bob.

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I wonder how long it will take for him to injure himself again and join the long list of new zealand fast bowlers who retire early.