• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

There better be changes

Ming

State 12th Man
Only Hamish Marshall and Daniel Vettori have impressed in this ODI series so far. Cairns has been expensive with the ball, and finding no form with the bal whatsoever. The top order haven't given us good starts, and we have found ourselves in a situation like 40/2 from 15 overs too many times. McMillan has only fired once, while Sinclair offered us nothing in at 3.

Our pace bowling lineup is a major worry. Our opening bowlers offer us nothing at the top, except give Australia a ripper of start like 60/1 from 10 overs. I would replace Mills with Wilson. Tuffey has been absolute crap so far, stop this **** about calling him Mr Reliable please.

We should keep Michael Papps and James Marshall in the team, and hopefully Scott Styris is available. If he is fit, I would replace McMillan with him. Tuffey has to get the chop, and hopefully Adams is not the man to replace him.

Bring Lance Hamilton I say, he is mature at 31, and is in form, unlike Tuffey or Mills. I would open the bowling with Cairns and Hamilton. At least in Cairns, we would have someone who "can" be accurate. Man, do we miss Jacob Oram.

My ODI XI next game:

1 Stephen Fleming (c)
2 Michael Papps
3 Nathan Astle
4 Scott Styris/McMillan
5 Hamish Marshall
6 James Marshall
7 Chris Cairns
8 Brendon McCullum+
9 Daniel Vettori
10 Jeff Wilson
11 Lance Hamilton
Ming is online now Edit/Delete Message

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia again leave a path of destruction during their tour. Happens all the time :(

IMO the main problems with NZ are clearly their pace bowling (doesn't take a genius to figure that out) and also their heavy reliance on the middle order. Its quite worrying actually. Granted you're up against the best nation in the world, but it helps to get off to 4.5-5 an over in the first 15 rather than less than 3. Puts much less pressure on 4, 5 and 6.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
jeff wilson should really be dropped...
Can't have bowled any worse that Tuffey did today.

If Styris is to return, I'd drop either James Marshall or Michael Papps, probably the latter. I'd also bring in Wilson for Tuffey but we don't seem to have many other options at the moment.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guys,

dont go overboard!

At the risk of sounding like a biased Aussie, it is no disgrace to be beaten by the world's best team and you should therefore look at the positives.

Hamish Marshall
Vettori
Marshall's brother showed guts and potential
Papps looks a reasonable player but was caught out by a 150 k bowler
MacCullum has the goods
Wilson should be given the experience as he has hardly played any cricket
Fleming is a solid player

That is a good base.

Unfortunately, Cairns is showing signs of coming to the end of his career.

McMillan and Astle do not score enough runs considering their experience.

Your opening bowlers are ****

anzac

International Debutant
reasonable comments but it still leaves the team short in crucial areas - bowling, top order, middle order & tactics IMO...............

it's just not working as a unit which is NZL strength - makes a mockery of last season's results to be this poor - even against the best team..............