• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Enamul Haq Jr. in ICC Annual Report

crickmate

U19 12th Man
ICC used Enamul Haw Jr.'s full-page photo as the background of ICC Mission Statement page in the inner-cover of the last ICC Annual Report (2003-04)..

They also have another image titled "Enmul Haq Jr. , the U-19 World Cup's Top Wicket Taker" in page page 23.

Here is the pdf file:
http://www.icc-cricket.com/about/annual_report_2003-04/annual_report_2003-04.pdf

This is quite encouraging for the young Bangladeshi bowler.

Thanks to babubangla of banglacricket.com for this wonderful finding.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I've seen very little of the Bangladeshi spinner but he seems to be one of their better players. With Rafique, Mortaza and Baisya to compliment Enamul on the bowling front, at least there are promising signs for Bangladeshi cricket.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fairly impressive stats. I guess his test record is assisted by the fact that the majority of his matches so far were against Zimbabwe but he still looks a decent bowler with a good future for his country.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Yes. Also he was praised by the England test team that visited last year. They faced him in one of the practice matches.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not to mention both the Test-matches.
Seems to be like a typical subcontinental fingerspinner - might be a handful at home and in the rest of the subcontinent, but really won't trouble anyone elsewhere.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Typical biased comment by Richard. just wondering, how much this guy hates Bangladesh or any Bangladeshi.

Without watching a single match of Enam he posted comments like "he won't be successful outside subcontinent". His only judgement criterea for these type of comment is "Enamul is Bangladeshi, so he must be a ordinary subcontinental spinner". soooo funny.

Btw, I didn't know Zimbabwe is also in subcontinent, where enum just played one match and took 10 wickets. Good judgment, RIchard.

Richard said:
Not to mention both the Test-matches.
Seems to be like a typical subcontinental fingerspinner - might be a handful at home and in the rest of the subcontinent, but really won't trouble anyone elsewhere.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
crickmate said:
Typical biased comment by Richard. just wondering, how much this guy hates Bangladesh or any Bangladeshi.
Jesus Christ, how stupid is it possible to be? 8-)
Bangladesh are not good enough to be playing Test or ODI cricket.
But I do not have anything against the country - get that through your thick skull.
Without watching a single match of Enam he posted comments like "he won't be successful outside subcontinent". His only judgement criterea for these type of comment is "Enamul is Bangladeshi, so he must be a ordinary subcontinental spinner". soooo funny.
No, Enamul is a fingerspinner.
Fingerspinners almost never have any success outside the subcontinent.
Take a careful look and you'll notice that I SAY THAT ABOUT ALL FINGERSPINNERS - IT DOES NOT MAKE THE SLIGHTEST DIFFERENCE WHETHER THEY ARE BANGLADESHI OR NOT! :@
Btw, I didn't know Zimbabwe is also in subcontinent, where enum just played one match and took 10 wickets. Good judgment, RIchard.
And taking wickets against Zimbabwe means precisely nothing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
In your own pre-defined perfect world only.

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Oi Richard... the claims of u hating Bangladesh is justified... u have nothing positive to say about our cricket

According to McInnes the bd u-19 coach he is the best spinner of his age he has seen in Bangladesh and Australia combined

(ta)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Or English...and he will be the highest wickettaker for Bangladesh for many years to come! His talent is obvious to get that kind of praise and Graham Thorpe said he will be one of the great left arm spinners

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No left-arm fingerspinner can ever be great any more - English or wherever.
Even Bishen Bedi was no more than good.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hasib said:
Oi Richard... the claims of u hating Bangladesh is justified... u have nothing positive to say about our cricket
So? Why does that mean I hate Bangladesh? It just means I'm not willing to sugar-coat the fact that there is absolutely no way under any circumstances that they should be playing Test or regular ODI cricket.
For your information I rate both Mohammad Rafique and, especially, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza very highly indeed. Habibul Basher isn't bad either, and I've always liked Javed Omar Belim - sadly he still hasn't come close to being as good as I think he could be.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Even Bishen Bedi was no more than good.
really..why is that then???? Tell us all why you think Bedi (recognised as one of the great spinners) was only just good!!!!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Thank you for that.

I guess they all may as well give up the game now then (!)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
really..why is that then???? Tell us all why you think Bedi (recognised as one of the great spinners) was only just good!!!!!!
Err - he was a typical subcontinental fingerspinner - very good indeed at home (averaged 24) and nothing special whatsoever away (averaged nearly 34 away from home, which owes quite a lot to playing in the weak New Zealand in 1967\68).
And before you even START on the "knnnnnooowwww, but cricket isn't just a game of statistiiiiiiiiiics", no, it's not, but such a vast disparity in averages (combined with the fact that he enjoyed just 6 especially good games out of 33 outside that New Zealand series), whether you like it or not, DOES mean one hell of a lot, especially when there are so many others whose careers form a similar pattern.
Anyone who recognises Bedi as a "great" bowler is endeuring a dereliction of duty. He was good, yes - exceptionally good at home, in fact - but he most certainly WAS NOT great.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Thank you for that.

I guess they all may as well give up the game now then (!)
No, because they can still all be exceptionally useful, due to the fact that they present a real handful on the occasion that a turning pitch does turn-up (and it still happens).
For instance, England would be a much lesser side if Giles had not been around on occasions such as these:
Pakistan v England, Faisalabad
Pakistan v England, Karachi
Sri Lanka v England, SSC
India v England, Ahmedabad
Sri Lanka v England, Galle
Sri Lanka v England, Kandy
England v New Zealand, Trent Bridge
England v West Indies, Lord's
England v West Indies, Edgbaston
In fact, the occasions where Giles has wasted turning pitches are exceptionally rare (v SL at Galle and Kandy 2000\01, in Bangladesh, at Port Elizabeth). However, like all fingerspinners, the occasions where he's offered anything on a non-turning surface have been just about non-existent (often he's boosted his figures by picking-up some of the last wickets to fall in the innings).