• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

nz man4man better than australia

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You have said NUMEROUS times before that Shane Bond can't swing the red ball. Even though Bond yorked Lara in WI with a ripper of an inswinging yorker. You just don't back up what you say.
Somehow it seems I missed this... no, I didn't. I said it was a possible reason for his relative lack of big-time success in Tests. I never said it was something I was certain about, because until fairly recently (long after this post I'm replying to) I'd only ever watched 2 Bond Tests.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Somehow it seems I missed this... no, I didn't. I said it was a possible reason for his relative lack of big-time success in Tests. I never said it was something I was certain about, because until fairly recently (long after this post I'm replying to) I'd only ever watched 2 Bond Tests.
Haha, only Richard could reply in a serious fashion to a post from 3 years ago as though expecting a reply. :p

I must say it's funny in retrospect having rated Fleming above Hayden in ODIs in this thread. Was probably justified all the way up until the '07 WC though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, only Richard could reply in a serious fashion to a post from 3 years ago as though expecting a reply. :p
I wasn't really expecting a reply, but I don't appreciate idiots like that Ray (Ming\Mingster) putting about nonsense which may give false impressions of me to the masses, without me putting a correction out there.
I must say it's funny in retrospect having rated Fleming above Hayden in ODIs in this thread. Was probably justified all the way up until the '07 WC though.
Not sure about Fleming, but Astle, yes. Hayden really rather turned a corner with his last innings before WC2007 and showed capability he never had before in the short game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure about Fleming, but Astle, yes. Hayden really rather turned a corner with his last innings before WC2007 and showed capability he never had before in the short game.
Yeah I agree with that. I was never a particularly big fan of Hayden in ODI cricket. He was a decent contributor but he always had some glaring flaws in his game in the shorter form, and I wasn't a fan of him being brought back into the team when he was. Certainly proved me wrong though, he's been remarkably good since the WC.