• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most enjoyable cricket tour ?

Gibbed

Cricket Spectator
A question to seasoned travellers of the board, which country would you recommend to go to and watch a cricket tour ?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe you should try posting this on the 'Cricket Chat' Forum, i think it would get a better response.... having said this, i'll pipe up and say Australia :D ... haha but seriously, i wouldnt have a clue, never been on one....

nibbs

International Captain
seeing new zealand thrash the west indies at lords was really cool. superfly infact

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
england tour of the caribean last winter wasnt half bad as far as tours go, couldnt have asked for more really, it had everything :)

Gibbed

Cricket Spectator
sledger said:
england tour of the caribean last winter wasnt half bad as far as tours go, couldnt have asked for more really, it had everything :)
Thanks, I reckon WI is probably top of the list at the moment, with Aus and NZ tied for 2nd.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gibbed said:
Thanks, I reckon WI is probably top of the list at the moment, with Aus and NZ tied for 2nd.
i would probably tend to agree with you there, mind you if i wasnt english i might say england, after all there is nothing like playing at lords on a summers day, just amazing :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
For me the most enjoyable cricket tour would be to travel to Pakistan to watch an India-Pakistan series. I have always been fascinated about that country, its people and its rich cultural heritage.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
benchmark00 said:
Maybe you should try posting this on the 'Cricket Chat' Forum, i think it would get a better response.... having said this, i'll pipe up and say Australia :D ... haha but seriously, i wouldnt have a clue, never been on one....
You're probably right. I'll move it...

Langeveldt

Soutie
I was going to say South Africa before realizing that wouldn't be much of a tour for you..

I think the masses that travelled all over the country this winter speaks for itself. My college is going on their third tour out there in four years as well.. Haven't met one person who doesn't enjoy the warmth and hospitality involved in a tour to SA..

Honorable mentions to Australia and NZ.. (Havent been to the latter though).. I hated the West Indies, but thats probably more a personal thing because it seems to enjoy a good rep..

nibbs

International Captain
has anyone ever flipped off the mcc from the other end of the ground? i certainly have

Deja moo

International Captain
A tour of Holland would be intersting. You could watch the cricket by day, and go "window shopping" by night.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
A tour of Holland would be intersting. You could watch the cricket by day, and go "window shopping" by night.
lmao!!! rofl....yeah cricket in the summer here is good :P

Chubb

International Regular
I would love to have gone to Zimbabwe- I'm told it was an amazing country. But if I had to choose I'd go to New Zealand. It's probably the most beautiful country on earth.

masterblaster

International Captain
Australia and New Zealand for Beauty and Atmosphere.
India and WI for Atmosphere
England for Beauty and Tradition

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
I would love to have gone to Zimbabwe- I'm told it was an amazing country. But if I had to choose I'd go to New Zealand. It's probably the most beautiful country on earth.
Oh without doubt, absolutely special place. Especially Bulawayo. Makes whats happened that little bit more awful.. I hope one day the place will be open again to be enjoyed..