• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James and Hamish Marshall

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has anyone had a look at their respective FC careers? The numbers are eerily similar in some instances!

FIRST-CLASS
(1998/99 - 2004/05; last updated 22/02/2005)
M I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
Batting 51 83 5 2146 128 27.51 1 11 28 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 30 7 113 2 56.50 1-12 0 0 90.0 3.76

LIST A LIMITED OVERS
(1998/99 - 2004/05; last updated 22/02/2005)
Batting 117 111 15 2764 111 28.79 2 20 50 0

O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
Bowling 10 0 72 1 72.00 1-14 0 0 60.0 7.20

FIRST-CLASS
(1997/98 - 2004/05; last updated 23/02/2005)
Batting 66 112 2 3051 235 27.73 4 17 75 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 44.3 7 160 3 53.33 1-5 0 0 89.0 3.59

LIST A LIMITED OVERS
(1999/00 - 2004/05; last updated 23/02/2005)
Batting 69 67 5 1748 100* 28.19 1 10 31 0

O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
Bowling 28.4 0 154 3 51.33 1-35 0 0 57.3 5.37

See if you can pick who's who!

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
May be similar but both demonstrate very mediocre record so far !! :mellow:
Are these performances considered adequate to come into a ODI International Team ? :huh:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JASON said:
Are these performances considered adequate to come into a ODI International Team ? :huh:
Well, Hamish Marshall is averaging just under 40 in over 30 ODIs...

Retox

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:

There not selected for there records they were selected as they can hit singles of each ball. And sometimes just beacause a player sucks at FC doesn't mean they wi; nptl be good at ODI/TEST and Vice Versa.

Black Thunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
JASON said:
you've got to remember scoring runs in New Zealand is probably harder than scoring runs anywhere else in the world. The pitches are dodge, it rains, it's cold, and it's always cloudy.

Although i do agree, they aren't the most flattering numbers. But remember only 10 players averaged 40 (minimum 300 runs) in New Zealand FC competition last season - compare that to 15 players that averaged 50 (minimum 400 runs) in Australian FC competition last season.

But so happy to see James Marshall get picked. He plays quite a bit at my club during the first 4-5 games of the season (didn't his season because of his impending selection in the NZ team) and he is one of the great guys. Always willing to have a chat, a beer (and pay for it too) and give you advice on anything.

The best thing for James was how well Hamish has done in his stint in the Kiwi team. Both have similar FC records and too see Hamish doing so well has perhaps made the selectors think that James could do good stuff as well, despite moderate FC record's.

Black Thunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
pretty sure James is the second one too because i seem to recall him saying he played FC/L-A cricket before Hamish.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
The second list of stats are Jame's because he has played less limited overs cricket, and Hamish has only scored one first class hundred.

cbuts

International Debutant
southern man said:
The second list of stats are Jame's because he has played less limited overs cricket, and Hamish has only scored one first class hundred.
hamish getting only one century - thats hwo i new it was him to :D

bryce

International Regular
they also have very similar games with emphasis placed more on timing and placement(aswell as quick running) as opposed to power batting, on the subject i recently identified a facial difference to tell them apart - james has the fatter nose :) apparently their dad can't even tell them apart

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Black Thunder said:
you've got to remember scoring runs in New Zealand is probably harder than scoring runs anywhere else in the world. The pitches are dodge, it rains, it's cold, and it's always cloudy.
Until 3 or 4 years ago you could have said that about England.
And it depends what year you look at with regards the rain.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And it's certainly been wholly outdated in the last 4 years in England - standard pitches have been flat as a pancake in the last 3 seasons, totals of 600 and scoring-rates of 4-an-over have abounded.
Yet still people think the wickets help bowlers too much. 8-)