• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Greatbatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Banned
Top_Cat said:
Yes and no; some of the other teams started opening the batting with their hitters during the '92 WC after they saw Greatbatch's success (Lara for the WI, Moody for the Aussies, Botham for Eng) but after the WC, it was sort-of forgotten. Where the real revolution came from was when SL starting having BOTH opening batsmen as their big hitters.

The 92 World Cup was the best so far IMO

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
Yes and no; some of the other teams started opening the batting with their hitters during the '92 WC after they saw Greatbatch's success (Lara for the WI, Moody for the Aussies, Botham for Eng) but after the WC, it was sort-of forgotten. Where the real revolution came from was when SL starting having BOTH opening batsmen as their big hitters.
Yeah - it's amazing to hear people talking about having Test-match opening partnerships in ODIs.
Honestly - when was the last time (except Gibbs and Smith - and Gibbs hasn't been successful as an opener since early 2003) anyone did that?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 92 World Cup was the best so far IMO
It was a good'un, for sure. The semi-finals were great and the NZ'ers did so well plus the Pakistani come-back from an ordinary start was amazing. The final was really good until Wasim Akram knocked over Chris Lewis and Allan Lamb. After that, the sting was taken out of it a bit.

1999 had closer matches, though and a couple of REALLY outstanding innings'.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
It was a good'un, for sure. The semi-finals were great and the NZ'ers did so well plus the Pakistani come-back from an ordinary start was amazing. The final was really good until Wasim Akram knocked over Chris Lewis and Allan Lamb. After that, the sting was taken out of it a bit.

1999 had closer matches, though and a couple of REALLY outstanding innings'.
Oh, but 2003 had the greatest innings the World Cup has ever seen! 8-) The 47-98.
And it was won by the best team ever! 8-)

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
I know - I was just telling you how it is.
Yes well i dont think i need to be told anything by someone who sits on a cricket forum all day and evidently has little idea about the real world.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think you need to be told that you don't know 1\1000000000000th of what you appear to think you know.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I've claimed I know so much about people's private-lives based on a post-count, haven't I?

Camel56

Banned
marc71178 said:
Pot
Kettle
Black
Couldnt have said it better myself marc. Richard thinks he knows it all and wont be told any different. He'd probabaly argue medicine with a doctor, thats how much of a joke he is.

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
No, I don't think I know anything I don't.

:p There he goes again. Mr Know It All. You think you know it all about statistics - i showed that you didnt but you couldnt accept it. Theres just one example.
Little tip for - get out of the house and experience the real world little boy.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, but 2003 had the greatest innings the World Cup has ever seen!
Maybe not THE greatest knock but right up there surely. It's not often a guy hits twice as many 6's as 4's in a knock and only one 4 in his first 50 runs.

And I don't get the 47-98 thing at all.......... :blink:

James

Cricket Web Owner
You've been warned time and time again about your behaviour on these forums Camel... bye bye...

and Richard - don't inflame the situation by responding. Use 'Report Post' and let a Mod deal with it.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.