Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Wright hints at exit

John Wright hints at exit

http://www.cricketweb.net/article.ph...&NewsIDAuto=85

Definitely, one of the greatest coaches India's ever had. Would be difficult to find an equivalent replacement, if he's seriously considering not extending his contract.
    “If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.” - Douglas Adams

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    If he goes in May that's a shame, really.
    Unfinished work, IMO.
    The chemistry of Kiwi-Indian has worked a treat.
    Personally I think John Bracewell would make a much better coach of India than of New Zealand.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

john bracewell is not really working well for nz, imo
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Especially since Bracewell and New Zealand coaches in general give a lot of emphasis to team work, good fielding, fitness and bowling.

India's always been good at batting, but we need a coach who can really 'coach' the next generation of fast bowlers. The talent is there right now with Irfan Pathan, Joginder Sharma, Gagandeep Singh and so on, but we need people who are qualified and know what their talking about.

If John Wright leaves, it will be unfinished business as Richard said.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

yes and no, he may feel he has gone as far as he can in the job.

International Debutant
    how about a swap - Wright for NZL & Bracewell for IND??????

that way Braces gets his spin to play with, and NZL gets Wright's attitude re batting performances................I don't think he'd have much chop / tolerance on the NZL penchant for batting collapses...............

Banned
    Things might change after Ind/Pak series, if India really does well..Johnny Might think differently, else the masses would want change as well

Netblazer3D Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by anzac

that way Braces gets his spin to play with, and NZL gets Wright's attitude re batting performances................I don't think he'd have much chop / tolerance on the NZL penchant for batting collapses...............
    I wouldn't mind seeing that actually. If even sadly John has to depart and go home (which is completely understandable by the way), I wouldn't mind the coaches swapping. I can see Bracewell improving India's bowling outfit.

It'll be sad to see John go though.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    It will be sad to see him go, but the guy might be tired of all the travelling and might wanna spend some time with his family, without having to think about cricket.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Bring in Steven Waugh, a champion player like Waugh would transform India into a force that might match Aus team

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    What a pity he's Australian, and 40.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

john wright was akiwi, so what does it matter that he is aussie. doesnt he alredy do alot of work in india?

Netblazer3D Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by vandemataram
    Bring in Steven Waugh, a champion player like Waugh would transform India into a force that might match Aus team
    This is coming from an Indian fan, but mate, India will take an awful long time to become a force that matches Australia.

To think India will become the best ever side in the world is laughable.

The politics, the Indian culture, the facilities of Indian Cricket and the socio-cultural status compared with Australia is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Steve Waugh, Geoff Marsh, John Buchanan, bring in anyone, they might boost India's ranking to second or third, but India cannot become the best team in the world with so many things going against it.

Quote Originally Posted by vandemataram
    But not because he was a champion player.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster
    Quote Originally Posted by anzac

I wouldn't mind seeing that actually. If even sadly John has to depart and go home (which is completely understandable by the way), I wouldn't mind the coaches swapping. I can see Bracewell improving India's bowling outfit.

It'll be sad to see John go though.
    I agree with you two, a swap would quite conceivably work very well for both teams.
    It's remarkable, really - there's speculation Duncan Fletcher could be leaving after this Ashes (and personally I hope and pray he won't); that John Buchanan could leave Australia at the same time; and of course Ray Jennings' South African contract is only a short-term one.
    There's been enough speculation to last a lifetime about certain of those being approached for possible vacant jobs left by others.
    I'd be amazing if Tom Moody or Stephen Waugh did get one of the jobs - suddenly we might see Duncan Fletcher of South Africa, Tom Moody of Australia, John Buchanan of England, John Wright of New Zealand and John Bracewell of India!!!!!!
    I doubt it (and like I say, with Duncan Fletcher I really hope against it) but wouldn't that be unprecedented - a total reshuffle of World coaches!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information