• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the Golden Bails Award

biased indian

International Coach
Will become first umpire to reach his century

Bucknor to receive golden bails for 100th Test

Read on

think ICC should giove some thing like this to players also

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nice touch, that.
Shame Harold couldn't have had the chance to get them. :(
Be nice if players could get sort of a golden cricket-ball (miniature, obviously) upon playing 100 Tests, yeah... be a spur to play on, which some players badly need.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Great to hear Bucknor is being acknowledged for his hundreth test with the bails, as Richard says, a nice touch for the West Indian umpire.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
BlackCap_Fan said:
Did Steve Dunne get anything for being the first to umpire 100 ODI's?
I remember hearing that all umpires to stand in either 100 or 200 ODIs recieve something as a mark of their achievement, can't remember exactly what they recieve though...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
Will become first umpire to reach his century

Bucknor to receive golden bails for 100th Test
Could this be his Super annuation package (in Golden Bails) :laugh: :laugh: .
I sure hope so !! because its time he took the hint and moved on.

But I suspect he will hogg the ICC Umpiring gravey Train for another 2 years under the guise of being wanting to stick around till the World Cup in the Windies in 2007 !! :D :D

Dydl

International Debutant
Somerset said:
I remember hearing that all umpires to stand in either 100 or 200 ODIs recieve something as a mark of their achievement, can't remember exactly what they recieve though...

I read it in the paper today. I think they get a silver bail...

cbuts

International Debutant
he shouldnt even be picked for tests anymore. he is no longer up to the level required. its sad to see really - like a player past their prime. its time to retire

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BlackCap_Fan said:
Good on 'im.

Did Steve Dunne get anything for being the first to umpire 100 ODI's?
How on Earth Steve Dunne Umpired 100 ODIs is beyond me.
I suppose he must have been much better than he always seemed to me - really, I must have watched him in 5 or 6 games, and he was awful every time.

cbuts

International Debutant
he was just our best for a while. but ur right he was pretty bad for a long time. bit like bucknor. he deteriated with age and the powers to be wouldnt drop him

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nice for everyone concerned I think.. He is a good umpire, prone to bad decisions, but Im sure he averages out to be good on the whole..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Nice for everyone concerned I think.. He is a good umpire, prone to bad decisions, but Im sure he averages out to be good on the whole..
He's only been prone to the regular bad decisions for the last 18-24 months.
I can understand him wanting to carry-on till WC2007 but I'd question whether it's best for him to do so (and what's best for him is automatically best for the game).