• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar v/s Shah Rukh Khan: Indian Advertising is ridiculous!

Vikas Bhatt

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sachin Tendulkar v/s Shah Rukh Khan: Indian Advertising is Ridiculous!

After the yet to be released Sultan Inzamam v/s Emperor Ganguly showdown in the stupid LG Commercials, there is a new Showdown brewing in ad films, and I just finished storyboarding it. Street Gangs led by Sachin and Shah Rukh, against each other ala, Gangs Of New York!

Can advertising get any dumber than this!

:D :blink: :p :wacko: :D

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Besides the golfers, tennis players, and footballers (soccer players), the highest played sportsman in Australia is someone who can't even make the Aus team - Brett Lee.

And it's primarily due to his Indian commercials.

In a country with more world champions per head of population than any other, how dumb is that?

Sehwag309

Banned
It's what the masses like, you havent seen other Indian adverts..good fun

Here..........http://pepsizone.yahoo.co.in/tv_ads/home_tvads.html

..and to say the least, many British and Kiwi ads dont make sense either but they do it suit their public

Last but no least, some American Commericials where someones life changes when a burger costs 75 cents

Its all what people like and Marketing, as long as it makes money..they dont care if it looks dumb to other nantionalities

I personally feel this is a Off-topic thread..

Last edited:

cbuts

International Debutant
social said:
In a country with more world champions per head of population than any other, how dumb is that?
i wouldnt go round saying that as a fact. quite a fwe countries try to claim that stat.

Sudeep

International Captain
The only Pepsi advertising that I've ever liked is the one they came out with during the 99 World Cup, where Shahrukh had a Sachin-hair-do.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Why d'you ask then?
it was more a statement on how advertising drags us in...pretty much all of us have gone on here, this website, through advertising in one way or another..whoever told you may well have seen something else where..blah blah blah.

No big deal.....

So yeah advertising sucks big fat ones,but unfortunately we are all bigger suckers for it

masterblaster

International Captain
Advertising sucks, cricket advertising sucks even more. Sachin Tendulkar advertising something has been done to death, and it's just incredibly boring.

Sehwag309

Banned
Sudeep said:
The only Pepsi advertising that I've ever liked is the one they came out with during the 99 World Cup, where Shahrukh had a Sachin-hair-do.
..ya that was cool, when he enters the dressing room as Sachin

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This splurge of advertisements involving nearly every Indian cricketer is irritating......and the players seem to get carried away by them.....which is why Sanjay Bangar's not so bad at all- at least he had his feet firmly on the ground whenever he played.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
it was more a statement on how advertising drags us in...pretty much all of us have gone on here, this website, through advertising in one way or another..whoever told you may well have seen something else where..blah blah blah.
Well - not me! :)
I just always used to post on the CricInfo forums (which I found because there was a time when they gave them big publicity - there was a forum for England in India, and England in New Zealand... then I just used the English Cricket Forum... then a young Kiwi chappie called Craig Walsh turned-up, and the forums were prosperous for quite a while... and then they started to decline... having been removed from the front-page... and Craig told me about this other cricket site he knew of... so I started posting here.
Ah, nostalgia... a magic beyond all we do here... :mistyeyed: :)
As for where Craig found this place... guess you'll have to ask him.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Well - not me! :)
I just always used to post on the CricInfo forums (which I found because there was a time when they gave them big publicity - there was a forum for England in India, and England in New Zealand... then I just used the English Cricket Forum... then a young Kiwi chappie called Craig Walsh turned-up, and then the forums became less and less popular, and Craig told me about this other cricket site he knew of... so I started posting here.
Ah, nostalgia... a magic beyond all we do here... :mistyeyed: :)
you know..I didnt even know there was a Cricinfo forum!!!!!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
some of those ads were really funny, esp the one where Dravid getting 'Parathas' for Inzi bhai. :)