cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to the Black Caps....

State 12th Man

Changes to the Black Caps....

James Marshall or Michael Papps in for Matthew Sinclair. And Lou Vincent in for Craig McMillan. Scott Styris in for Kyle Mills.

Wilson, give him another chance, he showed a month ago he can get that line and length right, and hopefully he can on Saturday.
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    McMillan will not be replaced after his innings at Wellington.

James Marshall is the most likely candidate to replace Sinclair, I don't think Michael Papps stands a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    James Marshall or Michael Papps in for Matthew Sinclair. And Lou Vincent in for Craig McMillan. Scott Styris in for Kyle Mills.

Wilson, give him another chance, he showed a month ago he can get that line and length right, and hopefully he can on Saturday.
    I'm an unashamed Wilson supporter. His figures sound disappointing (I've seen about five balls in the whole match, as I am working 2pm-11pm tonight), but I guess you have to take into account he was up against the best team in the world, on a good batting pitch against batsman who, in the main, were set.

They'll give him another shot in another match, and rightly so.

However, if he doesn't tighten up, I see no reason to persist with him for too long after this series.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    I don't think they should replace Mills. He bowled pretty well today, was the best of the pace bowlers.

I say replace Daryl Tuffey for James Franklin
    Matthew Sinclair for Michael Papps (we need a solid top order batter)

Banned
    Goldie wasn't much chop today but he deserves another chance. Not sure whether he can rely on his batting too much to press his case though. Tuffey is the major concern for me and Sinclair has to go. In comes J. Marshall for Sinclair. That's the only change I think they'll make.
    Last edited by Fiery; 22-02-2005 at 01:55 AM.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Possibly slot wilson back in, also somerset do you make those graphics? Think you could make me one? msn is xiw4life@hotmail.com
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    I don't think they should replace Mills. He bowled pretty well today, was the best of the pace bowlers.
    I can't see Mills being replaced, even though I'm not his biggest fan. James Franklin would be basically the only player that would replace him and I certainly can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    Possibly slot wilson back in, also somerset do you make those graphics? Think you could make me one? msn is xiw4life@hotmail.com
    I don't make the signatures/avatars, I actually had one created by a very talented person at another forum I wrote at. I'll pass the word on that he's needed here if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    Goldie wasn't much chop today but he deserves another chance. Not sure whether he can rely on his batting too much to press his case though. Tuffey is the major concern for me and Sinclair has to go. In comes J. Marshall for Sinclair. That's the only change I think they'll make.
    Agreed. We simply don't have enough depth and apart from that one change, I can't see Bracewell calling anyone else up to the side.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    I don't make the signatures/avatars, I actually had one created by a very talented person at another forum I wrote at. I'll pass the word on that he's needed here if you like.
    Ok thanks

State 12th Man
    We are basically screwed with our opening bowlers. They won't take wickets, so we might as well have the best containing bowlers in the country in for them.

Franklin is too loose for ODIs, Hamilton should be given a shot. Bracewell has said he may be an outside chance.

Why does Michael Papps stand no chance Somerset? He was in even better form than James.

We are basically screwed with our opening bowlers. They won't take wickets, so we might as well have the best containing bowlers in the country in for them.

Franklin is too loose for ODIs, Hamilton should be given a shot. Bracewell has said he may be an outside chance.

Why does Michael Papps stand no chance Somerset? He was in even better form than James.
    Considering James Marshall was called up for the second ODI this evening instead of Michael Papps who is from Canterbury gives me an indication. I just can't see it happening - besides, Papps would surely be opening and although the combination hasn't been particularly successful so far this series, Fleming and Astle should stick together at the top of the order.

Banned

Papps is a little run machine and has to be considered in both forms. Franklin needs to be persisted with because he's obviously one of the most talented cricketers in the country. Opening with Tuffey and Mill is not working at the moment and that needs to be looked at but not sure if Hamilton is the answer. There you go, that's my opinion. It didn't provide many answers but we need to experiment a bit after this current Aussie series.

Opening the batting- They can try Michael Papps, Richard Jones or any other contender, based on form. This idea of opening with Sinclair should be scrapped, and Flemign may move one down in ODI's.

Middle order- Peter Fulton, maybe? He can be useful as a middle-overs strokeplayer and big-hitter.

Opening the bowling- They won't get too many wickets with Tuffey, Martin and Mills and will only give away too many runs, so a major change is required here. The young pacers of whom so much is spoken deserve a national call-up. They can't do worse than this lot and may be an element of surprise, though the sooner Bond returns, the better. Franklin can't do much- he's only medium-pace. No idea how Hamilton and Mason would perform.

All-rounder- Scott Styris can play the role of the fifth bowler well, as his last ODI shows. That can leave room for an extra batsman, which the team needs. Jacob Oram is not scoring enough to win matches from tight spots. Difficult to say how long Cairns will play.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information