• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes to the Black Caps....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
So ignore the flatness of pitches then 8-)

The game has changed in favour of batsmen, so the same economy rates cannot be applied.
Why not?
The flatness of the pitch doesn't change what accurate bowling is.

Fiery

Banned
Richard said:
Something I've never disputed, really.
I don't argue for the sake of arguing, though - I argue because I want people to see things the way I see them.
Is that because the way you see them is always the right way or to prove to yourself that the way you see them is not as strange as you think it might be?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I didn't think that way was the right way, do you not think I'd change the way I thought?

Fiery

Banned
Richard said:
If I didn't think that way was the right way, do you not think I'd change the way I thought?
I think you form your opinions fairly haphazardly sometimes and dig your heels in even when you suspect you may be wrong. I do that sometimes too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, if it becomes clear my assessment of a player was wrong, I change that.
Because then I'm right. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well - if I was wrong ITFP.
I mean, you haven't been "proven wrong" if player X (say Symonds) goes from being totally rubbish to being very, very good indeed and all you were saying is "he's crap" when he was crap.
You've been proven wrong if you said "he'll never be any good", yes - but I'm pretty careful that I don't often say that, because you can never tell what's going to happen, and Symonds is one of the best examples of that - who on Earth would have predicted the course his career was going to take just before WC2003? Not many, I'd think.
If I have been proven wrong in my assessment of a player\situation\whatever, yes, I do admit it. Personally I didn't really think Flintoff would amount to much as a Test-batsman in July 2003 - but we soon found otherwise. And I did say, once or twice, "he'll never be any good". Perhaps I shouldn't have.
I do learn fast, and I can't remember the last time I said "he'll never be any good" about anyone.

cbuts

International Debutant
Blaze said:
Cbuts said he had very rarely been taken to the cleaners so I gave a few examples.
mate i consider 1 every 13 or 14 games to be relativly rarely