• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest cricket moment when you've been at the ground

)Swing(

Cricket Spectator
Mine's a C-grade game. 7 sixes being hit off 7 balls (no ball, you see). The bloke went on to make 211 off about 60 balls. I'd just come back from a D-grade game (making a special 0* and a DNB) to see this chap jump from 0 to 211 in very little time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Top 5 Cricketing Moments I've witnessed live in no order (I'm probably missing some other good moments/matches:

1. The ODI hat-trick by Anthony Stuart at the MCG. Amazingly his figures of 5-26 against Pakistan in 1997 wer not only in his 3rd ever ODI, but hist last as well.
Scorecard
2. I saw Ponting's highest test score of 257 vs. India in the Boxing Day Test in 2003
Scorecard
3. Sehwag's amazing 195 in a day of cricket against Australia in the Boxing Day Test.
Scorecard
4. Agarkar's 6/42 off 9.3 overs against Australia :D
Scorecard
5. The first final between South Africa and Australia in 1997/98 tri-series at the MCG. One hell of a match with South Africa defeating the Aussies.
Scorecard

Other honourable mentions is the recent Asia XI vs. ROW XI match which was great fun and obviously memorable, and Langer's 250 against England in the 2002 Boxing Day Match. Problem is I only saw the end of that knock on day 2.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
Trevor Chappell - underarm.

Lowest point in Australian sports history.
Maybe if they hadn't worked Trevor's brother into such a state it'd never have happened?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
Anyone see Astle's Double against England at Jade Stadium .....That would hace been something to see live !!
Hardly anyone saw that - 4000-odd people IIRR.
Saw it on TV, though - never-to-be-forgotten.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I was at that game too; third day for me tho. Very sunny for May & I got quite badly burnt, despite the factor 15! :@
Wasn't, quite, as hot as Lord's in May 2002.
Both summers turned-out equally ****e, too.
I guess (grudgingly) its Murali's 16 wickets @ The Oval in 98 for me. 8-)
You were at the ground on all 5 days?
I was only there on the first (on which he took just 2 wickets).
Never know, the 22-year-old you might have been sitting next to the nearly-13-year-old me. 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard said:
You were at the ground on all 5 days?
I was only there on the first (on which he took just 2 wickets).
Never know, the 22-year-old you might have been sitting next to the nearly-13-year-old me. 8-)
Actually no, 4th & 5th days only (had a pee next to Bob Willis on the 4th day!) :D

Guess I only saw his 9(?) in the 2nd TBF.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
So amazing, and so wouldn't-have-happened-if-Simon-Katich-could-catch.
The fact that you spout crap like Katich can't catch on the basis of one drop is as ludicrous as the tripe you post about the whole theory in the first place...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Katich certainly isn't the best catcher you'll see, anyway.
The point is he couldn't catch in that instance and it made Sehwag look like he'd batted a hell of a lot better than he did.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
The point is he couldn't catch in that instance and it made Sehwag look like he'd batted a hell of a lot better than he did.
Wow, that was flame bait and you straight batted...

Interesting...

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
You kind of deflated Jono's moment, though.

cbuts

International Debutant
havent seen many special moments in my live cricket watching days. saw john wrights final test, simon doul taking the first 7 wickets against india, the best catch i ever seen was by pasupati, in the state shield final a few years ago. very similair to sinclairs one that he took in melbourne, except smaller boundries so he didnt run as far - dive was more spectacular though

cbuts

International Debutant
Richard said:
Hardly anyone saw that - 4000-odd people IIRR.
Saw it on TV, though - never-to-be-forgotten.
really, that many where there???
probally 3500 barmy army fans :p

cbuts

International Debutant
mavric41 said:
BUT IT WAS IN THE RULES. (I agree with you)
it wasnt in the rules - that was the problem. like most cricket rules it was originally a gentlmanly agreement, guess they never figured australians would play the game :p :D

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Day 1 of the Ashes Series 2003 - Hayden and Ponting's hundred, Simon Jones' injury, never forget it
Chris Davies' only first-class hundred was pretty damn good and seeing Mark Harrity knock Martin Love out