• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hauritz now dropped from state team...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
geez, he's a bit stiff isn't he? i woulda thought that his figures this season might have kept him in the team.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
geez, he's a bit stiff isn't he? i woulda thought that his figures this season might have kept him in the team.
6 wickets at 96? I would drop him even from the Victorian side.

Waughney

International Debutant
6 wickets all season is not acceptable, I think the selectors were right in dropping him.

Black Thunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hauritz is an average cricketer now.

I still maintain that he had the talent, but one day cricket has screwed him big time. He used to float the ball a bit and get a bit of turn on it but then he become pigeon holed as a one day off spinner who just darts the ball in and concedes little to nothing from the bowler.

Someone has to teach him 3/70 from 25 overs, is better than 1/45 from 25 overs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... what a shame he played that Test-match when he did.
Probably the worst bowler to end-up with such a good Test-match record... ever.
How on Earth he ever got near the Australian team in Tests or ODIs is totally beyond me.

deeps

International 12th Man
for once richard, i kinda agree, though he is a better bowler than cam whte,the other option at the time...why stuey macgill wasn't on tour is beyond me

tooextracool

International Coach
yes because as i've said 1 million times, theres was a case to pick lee at the time, and there still is one to pick him in ODIs. but theres no way they can pick him ahead of kaspa in either form of the game. hauritz didnt have a case of being picked for zimbabwe, let alone australia.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I don't think there's a place for a specialized offie in this Australian side. They just don't have a very aggressive mindset, as a rule.

How the mighy have fallen, though - Test level to club level in 6 months!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tooextracool said:
easily the worst bowler i've seen that has been picked for australia in the last decade.
Shaun Young? Fair enough he was an allrounder, but when he was picked for Australia it was as a bowler.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez some of you guys are unbelieveable. We're talking about a real person here. He hasn't miraculously 'lost' his talent, just lost his way a bit. He's a decent offie and I personally think his lack of success is more a reflection of the captaincy of Wade Seccombe than any perceived lack of ability. Certainly he has been darting the ball a fair bit of late but I would say that's just a chronic lack of confidence which Queensland have done nothing to ameliorate (other than dropping him). It's typical of their treatment of spinners in their state.

He'll be back. You'll see.

TEC: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=curmudgeon

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
Geez some of you guys are unbelieveable. We're talking about a real person here. He hasn't miraculously 'lost' his talent, just lost his way a bit. He's a decent offie and I personally think his lack of success is more a reflection of the captaincy of Wade Seccombe than any perceived lack of ability. Certainly he has been darting the ball a fair bit of late but I would say that's just a chronic lack of confidence which Queensland have done nothing to ameliorate (other than dropping him). It's typical of their treatment of spinners in their state.

He'll be back. You'll see.

TEC: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=curmudgeon
Top Cat,

you balanced and well reasoned responses wont cut the mustard here.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
At the time that he was selected to go to India he was the best offspinner in the country and the selectors wanted some variety. He has had a bad season in 4 day games but his one day form has been pretty good. He has always been a decent one day bowler.

I have always said that if he wants become a test class bowler then he needs to leave Queensland. He may have left his move too late though as Dan Cullen has come along well at SA and Doherty is showing signs of improvement at Tasmania. The Gabba is not a good pitch for finger spinners so it's to be predicted that he will struggle there.

Just to correct Top Cat in his post. Wade Seccombe has not captained Qld this season. Jimmy Maher has had the job. I will agree though that he has not had the best of years as skipper.

Hauritz may come back. I hope he does but unless he gets a bag in club cricket then Simpson will overtake him. Simpson could also average 96 with the ball and can bat very well.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just to correct Top Cat in his post. Wade Seccombe has not captained Qld this season. Jimmy Maher has had the job. I will agree though that he has not had the best of years as skipper.
That explains it even more then. Maher ain't that spinner-friendly.

I think Hauritz should go to NSW. Worked for MacGill. MacGill wasn't even in the WA side when he was plying his trade there. Within a year of moving to NSW, he was in the Test side.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
That explains it even more then. Maher ain't that spinner-friendly.

I think Hauritz should go to NSW. Worked for MacGill. MacGill wasn't even in the WA side when he was plying his trade there. Within a year of moving to NSW, he was in the Test side.
NSW have Krejza who is a better bowler then Hauritz and can't make the NSW side. If he was going to move states then his best option will be to Victoria. White is becoming more of batsmen then a spinner, so their is a spot for a spinner over there, or they could play two spinners as they have Harvey and Moss. WA is another option but the pitches are worse for spin bowling then OLD.

But in saying all this i don't rate Simpson as a bowler and i doubt he will be able to keep his spot for OLD as bowler, maybe an all rounder, but then OLD only have three bowlers until Watson, Hopes or Symonds are back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
Geez some of you guys are unbelieveable. We're talking about a real person here. He hasn't miraculously 'lost' his talent, just lost his way a bit.
How about he never had much talent ITFP, and just wasn't hitherto being exposed quite as badly as he has been this season?
He's a decent offie
That's a MOO if ever there was one!
What d'you expect of someone that has M Burns as his avatar?
Of course you could say exactly the same about my good self - except the M Burns bit.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Argonaut said:
Dan Cullen has come along well at SA
Come along well like this?
From Australian season 2004\05 First-Class bowling-averages
7 272.2 49 902 21 42.95 3-82 - - 77.8 3.31
and Doherty is showing signs of improvement at Tasmania.
This sort of improvement?
From Australian season 2004\05 First-Class bowling-averages
5 178.1 28 608 13 46.76 5-66 1 - 82.2 3.41

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Come along well like this?

This sort of improvement?

That doesn't mean they haven't shown improvement. Just means they are not ready for the next step up.