• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI bowlers

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Pollock, Bond (fitness dependant), Murali are three certainties I can think of.
Possibilites are Flintoff, Kumble, Vettori, Gillespie....Im probably missing someone really obvious

EDIT: Vaas of course :wallbash:

Last edited:

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Top Fast Bowler
- McGrath (By far)

Top Spinner
- Vettori (Yes i rate him higher than Muralitharan)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
While Vettori's test form took a huge dive, he's always been very consistent in ODI's. It's very rare to see him being smashed around.

Rating him higher than Murali is pushing it, but I do think he's one of the best ODI spinners going around.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
On recent form Vettori is the number one finger spinner, but Murali is a wrist spinner more then finger spinner. Vettori did out bowl Murali in the FICA/Black Cap Series but that was more down to the fact that Murali wasn't fit enough to really play. But when Murali comes back to full fittest then Vettori is a long way off ATM.

The top five ODI bowler would be:
McGarth
Murali
Vaas
Gillespie
Flintoff

Bookie

U19 12th Man
I love Vettori, but I dont see how an average of 35 shows his dominance. Hell, Darren Lehmann bowls just as well.

I dont see how McGraths WAY in front. With an economy of 3.85 in a game where it counts, he is beatn by Shaun Pollock (3.74). Just because McGrath hammered New Zealand doesnt mean hes the best.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well when you consider than Lehmann also has McGrath, Gillespie, Lee & Kasprowicz along side him...it's a bit different to Vettori's scenario with NZ.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Bookie said:
I love Vettori, but I dont see how an average of 35 shows his dominance. Hell, Darren Lehmann bowls just as well.

I dont see how McGraths WAY in front. With an economy of 3.85 in a game where it counts, he is beatn by Shaun Pollock (3.74). Just because McGrath hammered New Zealand doesnt mean hes the best.

yeah but averages does not really have much to do with current form..

Veto is becomin better and better.. at the moment hes in the form of his life i rekon...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
Well when you consider than Lehmann also has McGrath, Gillespie, Lee & Kasprowicz along side him...it's a bit different to Vettori's scenario with NZ.
Well if he is as good as people say he is then he would still be able to take wickets and reduce his average even if people block him out and go after the other bowlers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I rate Vettori very highly, but Murali at his best (pre-injury) is clearly the better spinner.

Next 5 after McGrath IMO:

Murali
Gillespie
Pollock
Vaas
Flintoff

This is not including Bond (basically any list excludes him now-a-days).

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
Top bowler

Fast bowlers
Mcgrath
Pollock
Gillespie
Vaas
Harmison
I.Pathan

Spinners

Murali