• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How is Te Ahu bowling?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Anyone at the game or had any reports? Cant got off to a flyer then Te Ahu snapped up the openers.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blakey said:
Anyone at the game or had any reports? Cant got off to a flyer then Te Ahu snapped up the openers.
Know nothing about him except that he is quickish. How fast is he suppose to bowl?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
So far he's bowled 7 overs 2/29..which is a good start.

I saw Te Ahu Davis interviewed on the Cricket Company not so long ago & he believed he was in the low 140's.

Zinzan

Tim said:

I saw Te Ahu Davis interviewed on the Cricket Company not so long ago & he believed he was in the low 140's.
Well...Thats sharp enough I suppose, sounds like around Butlers pace then??

On Butler, Is he supposed to be injured at the moment Tim?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Butler should be injured - is the only way he would shake the monkey off his back about being a quick bowler. So far he has produced next to nothing. Injuries could excuse him from wasting his talent.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
O ming you little party pooper. You're right though. Look at lame bum Shoaib. He has pace and don't know how to use it!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Davis is only 19. By the time he gets to 23/24, he should be up close to 150 if he's injury free.

Zinzan

Ming said:
Low 140s is nothing to get excited about. Pace alone won't get him into the team.
Hey its a start !!!

Especially for NZ without Bond.

I also still have great hopes for Butler. He has miles to go, but I've liked a lot i've what i've seen of him in the last couple of years.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He should be watched for a full season, and so should Sherlock, Burtt and the rest of this new generation of pace bowlers. Instead of burning their fingers over the same weak-link medium-pacers (Tuffey, Martin, Mills, Hitchcock) who play for NZ, they can try some from the new pace pack- they can be an unknown surprise element who can catch opposition batting off guard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blakey said:
O ming you little party pooper. You're right though. Look at lame bum Shoaib. He has pace and don't know how to use it!
Except, of course, he has so much more than just pace.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:

And until he bowls in front of a gun we won't know at all.

Blaze

Banned
Richard said:
In that case why all the speculation?

I am not sure. Maybe other people didn't know that. Or maybe they are interested to see if he has gained any pace since when he was clocked and if he has developed thurther.

Ming

State 12th Man
Speculation because he is only a rookie on the domestic scene.

Bloody Auckland, we should have had Te Ahu in our ranks! Another one let slip....

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Nah damn Auckland. Why would anyone want to play in auckland - get crap support, crap grounds, crap weather and crap pitches.

It's like Warriors supporters getting in a twist when they lose a top junior - who cares as long as the play for NZ and anyway they will possibly be coached better else where.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
I am not sure. Maybe other people didn't know that. Or maybe they are interested to see if he has gained any pace since when he was clocked and if he has developed thurther.
Until he gets clocked again we won't know if he's gained any pace!

bryce

International Regular
Ming said:
Speculation because he is only a rookie on the domestic scene.

Bloody Auckland, we should have had Te Ahu in our ranks! Another one let slip....
why? he went to school in pukekohe(ND region) and then my old school in hamilton gave him a scholarship and he was there in 6th and 7th form, besides auckland have a massive enough population to develop their own talent - which sadly they quite often don't

thierry henry

International Coach
It's like Warriors supporters getting in a twist when they lose a top junior - who cares as long as the play for NZ and anyway they will possibly be coached better else where
Warriors fans care obviously! Jeez. And yes, I would be very annoyed if we lost Manu :p