• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How is Te Ahu bowling?

cbuts

International Debutant
Tim said:
Davis is only 19. By the time he gets to 23/24, he should be up close to 150 if he's injury free.
mate its new zealand, he wont be injury free. we will run him into the ground before he is 21

cbuts

International Debutant
Blakey said:
Butler should be injured - is the only way he would shake the monkey off his back about being a quick bowler. So far he has produced next to nothing. Injuries could excuse him from wasting his talent.
cant produce when the coach wont pick ya. last test i remeber seeing him play, he otre the heart of the pakistanis, and set up what should have been a test series victory

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
thierry henry said:
Warriors fans care obviously! Jeez. And yes, I would be very annoyed if we lost Manu :p
Sure you care, simple fact is that the warriors are more than likely to ruin the player or sell him to the uk because they can't stand the competition.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
cbuts said:
cant produce when the coach wont pick ya. last test i remeber seeing him play, he otre the heart of the pakistanis, and set up what should have been a test series victory
Yep that sure was ONE amazing innings.

cbuts

International Debutant
yea was one, signs were he was fianally comeing through, as i recall bowled brilliantly in hamilton without much success. then i dont htink he has been picked again. jsut dont get it? u persist and persist with a player, he pays u back and thats it.

cbuts

International Debutant
0/34 and 0/8. not like he got smashed. dosent look like he got much chance eaither. average of 36 in test crickett - sure it aint great, but it was/is falling.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
The fact is Butler has a massive advantage over other bowlers in that he has more pace. Thing is he can't put the ball in the right place. This has happened time and time again.

cbuts

International Debutant
his last two test series that i saw, india in india and pakistan in pakistan, he bowled briliantly. and looked to have finally developed. when is he gonna be back from injury?

Ming

State 12th Man
bryce said:
why? he went to school in pukekohe(ND region) and then my old school in hamilton gave him a scholarship and he was there in 6th and 7th form, besides auckland have a massive enough population to develop their own talent - which sadly they quite often don't
I heard Tim say something about Te Ahu nearly signing for Auckland or something.

cbuts

International Debutant
think most provinces tried to get him, but ithink his heart and loyalty lied to nd

bryce

International Regular
Ming said:
I heard Tim say something about Te Ahu nearly signing for Auckland or something.
apparently he was looking at going to auckland uni or something but i'd say he still would of played for ND, also to note that daniel vettori, te ahu davis and myself all went to the same school :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
0/34 and 0/8. not like he got smashed. dosent look like he got much chance eaither.
No, it isn't, but you've got to take wickets in Test-cricket, I'm afraid, especially against Bangladesh.
average of 36 in test crickett - sure it aint great, but it was/is falling.
No, there just happened to be 1 good innings mixed-in among a load of totally dire ones.
his last two test series that i saw, india in india and pakistan in pakistan, he bowled briliantly. and looked to have finally developed. when is he gonna be back from injury?
He bowled well in 1 innings.

cbuts

International Debutant
richard did u actually watch the tests? he was our most impressive bowler in that series

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I didn't, sadly.
But 4 wickets at 85.25 (in 82.3 overs) can't really have been the figures of someone bowling particularly well.