Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Crowds Act Up

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    The only problem I see is that they dont get punished enough. They hate us, and thats fair enough (theyre not the only ones), but they seem to do it without punishment, whereas other places (including Australia) get life bans and whatnot. I think better punishment would be effective.

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    The only problem I see is that they dont get punished enough. They hate us, and thats fair enough (theyre not the only ones), but they seem to do it without punishment, whereas other places (including Australia) get life bans and whatnot. I think better punishment would be effective.
    We don't hate your country Linda, just your cricket team. Mainly cause we love to beat ya so much and it rarely happens. There's always a few idiots at every game. In a tight game between Aus and NZ on a Sat night when the crowds a bit juiced up you're bound to get that sort of thing anywhere in Aus or NZ. Aussie team is best to forget it and move on to the next game. No one got hurt and I'm sure security will be beefed up for the next game. Blame the security, not the crowds.

Its unfortunate that stuff like this happens, and it happens everywhere. I remember being incredibly angry when some Indian fans decided to throw rubbish on the field during the WC 96 semi-final against Sri Lanka. I don't remember the ground. Eden Gardens? Not sure.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Just saw the news and Sports Tonight. What was the deal with McGrath chasing a security guard or something? Apparently the guard was causing trouble as well.

Very weird.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Just saw the news and Sports Tonight. What was the deal with McGrath chasing a security guard or something? Apparently the guard was causing trouble as well.

Very weird.
    I think they had an argument. I imagine it went something like this.
    McGrath: Can't you do something about this?
    Security Guard: Huh.
    McGrath: These ****n idiots are throwing things at me!
    Security Guard: What can I do about it bro.
    McGrath: I don't ****n know. Get some of your mates to come and help you make them stop
    Security Guard: Huh

Its unfortunate that stuff like this happens, and it happens everywhere. I remember being incredibly angry when some Indian fans decided to throw rubbish on the field during the WC 96 semi-final against Sri Lanka. I don't remember the ground. Eden Gardens? Not sure.
    HAHAHAHA I loved it when that happened. Yes, it was kinda bad and in retrospect, shouldn't have occured. But at that time I was 12 or 13, and I couldn't help but enjoy the whole thing coz i was so angry at the Indian team.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    In a tight game between Aus and NZ on a Sat night when the crowds a bit juiced up you're bound to get that sort of thing anywhere in Aus or NZ.
    Not in Australia it isn't, or at least when anything does happen, it very quickly gets stopped and those misbehaving thrown out of the ground. At the MCG there are lots of police around, especially where the rowdies tend to gather as well as video surveilance, and anything beyond strong language will have them moving in quickly.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    It happened plenty in those Ind-WI ODIs in 2002\03.
    Happened in Bridgetown in 1998\99 when the crowd even forced them to withdraw a bad appeal against the local boy, Campbell.
    Happened all sorts in NWS2001 (though it was mostly Pakistan "fans" at fault).
    We've had dumbaesses throwing rubbish up in the air (sometimes gets onto the field) all the time in the last couple of summers - seemingly without the slightest thought of the basic fact that it might actually get onto the playing-area and disturb play.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    He should just stop whining and get on with the cricket. It happens at every ground in the world. I'm pretty sure that it happened to us when we went there for the Chappell Hadlee series.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    It happened plenty in those Ind-WI ODIs in 2002\03.
    Happened in Bridgetown in 1998\99 when the crowd even forced them to withdraw a bad appeal against the local boy, Campbell.
    Happened all sorts in NWS2001 (though it was mostly Pakistan "fans" at fault).
    We've had dumbaesses throwing rubbish up in the air (sometimes gets onto the field) all the time in the last couple of summers - seemingly without the slightest thought of the basic fact that it might actually get onto the playing-area and disturb play.
    and thankfuly it has not happend again in india after the WI series
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    in the 80's at the mcg the hadlee chant, "had-leess a waannka" was loud i mean real loud, i don't think there was an aussie in the stadium not singing that. just amagine hadlee having to come back from the bowling crease to hear that, and if he took a wicket it got doubly worse.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote of the week came from Gilchrist

"As far as bad-mouthing and personal abuse goes, the crowds here are on a par with anything we have come across, even in South Africa."

Glass houses, stones eh
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by telsor
    Not in Australia it isn't, or at least when anything does happen, it very quickly gets stopped and those misbehaving thrown out of the ground. At the MCG there are lots of police around, especially where the rowdies tend to gather as well as video surveilance, and anything beyond strong language will have them moving in quickly.
    Of course it is. So why did Richardson have to wear a helmet on the boundary in 2002?

Tim
    NZ crowds don't normally act like this. If you review crowd trouble over the years here, you'll find that most matches have involved Australia.

I can tell you now that if Australia didn't like 20,000 Wellingtonians (who does anyway? ) then 40,000 at Eden Park is going to be interesting..especially whoever is fielding next to the terraces.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information