• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Crowds Act Up

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the NZ crowds behaviour was disgraceful, and were like the crowds of the early/mid 90's all around the world (including Australia).... the rest of the worlds cricketing community has moved on from this childish behaviour, however NZ seem to be still living in the dark ages.

In relation to the Katich 'incident'... I think you will find that Simon Katich is one of the most agreeable, nicest blokes going around, i had the honour of meeting him a couple of months ago and he couldnt be nicer, so for him to turn around and say something could only be in relation to the verbal/physical abuse he was copping from the crowd.

Last year a spectator at an AFL match was banned for life for spitting on a coach, i suggest that the NZ fan guilty of spitting on Hayden was lucky to escape a similar penalty.

I think the Australians handled themselves well and it reduced the delay which may have occured... Lets home theres not a repeat of this effort from the crowd tomorrow and we see another magnificant match, minus the crowd interruption

bryce

International Regular
LongHopCassidy said:
I'm not impressed with Bracewell demonizing the Australians when they protest against all the fish, rocks and bottles pelted at them.
AFAIK all they got hit with was spit and a bunch of plastic beer bottles which seems harmless to me(in regards to player safety) but then again no one wants to have someone elses spit or beer on them so it should stop for the sake of cricket - even though i enjoyed it :D

bryce

International Regular
which begs the question - why on earth to you bring a rock, fish or toilet seat to a cricket match lol

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
benchmark00 said:
I think the NZ crowds behaviour was disgraceful, and were like the crowds of the early/mid 90's all around the world (including Australia).... the rest of the worlds cricketing community has moved on from this childish behaviour, however NZ seem to be still living in the dark ages.
your living in a dream world. IIRC something like 200 people got booted from the MCG earlier this year. crowd behaviour hasnt improved, if anything has gotten worse, since the mid 1990s. the low point was the early 2000s, and now would be what could be described as a "midpoint" - clearly plenty of room for improvement.

benchmark00

vic_orthdox said:
your living in a dream world. IIRC something like 200 people got booted from the MCG earlier this year. crowd behaviour hasnt improved, if anything has gotten worse, since the mid 1990s. the low point was the early 2000s, and now would be what could be described as a "midpoint" - clearly plenty of room for improvement.
Im talking of crowd behaviour towards players in terms of physical violence, i.e bottle throwing, drunken foold will always bee present and fights within the crowd will always occur

Fiery

Banned
benchmark00 said:
Im talking of crowd behaviour towards players in terms of physical violence, i.e bottle throwing, drunken foold will always bee present and fights within the crowd will always occur
It was nothing. No one got hurt. Hayden getting spat on was out of order but I think you're making a mountain of a molehill. Get over it benchmark00 and look forward to the next game. Richardson had fruit and a glass bottle thrown at him last VB Series we played in Melbourne. Just blame the security and move on. Saying NZ are "living in the dark ages" makes you sound very ignorant

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
We didn't belittle the Kiwis in the Chappell-Hadlee trophy. And that was five months ago, not four years like the 2001-2 VB Series.

We've moved on.

benchmark00

Fiery said:
It was nothing. No one got hurt. Hayden getting spat on was out of order but I think you're making a mountain of a molehill. Get over it benchmark00 and look forward to the next game. Richardson had fruit and a glass bottle thrown at him last VB Series we played in Melbourne. Just blame the security and move on. Saying NZ are "living in the dark ages" makes you sound very ignorant
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thats calling the kettle black

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Fiery said:
It was nothing. No one got hurt. Hayden getting spat on was out of order but I think you're making a mountain of a molehill.
Clearly, just because no one got hurt doesnt mean it isnt a problem that needs to be addressed. And getting spat on is a mountain as far as Im concerned.

Which makes me wonder, do they have that on camera like they did here with the Richmond fan?

Fiery

Banned
benchmark00 said:

Thats calling the kettle black
Saying NZ are "living in the dark ages" is way OTT and makes you look ignorant. A bit like posting:

"Thats calling the kettle black"

Fiery

Banned
Linda said:
Clearly, just because no one got hurt doesnt mean it isnt a problem that needs to be addressed. And getting spat on is a mountain as far as Im concerned.

Which makes me wonder, do they have that on camera like they did here with the Richmond fan?
And NZ Cricket have already moved to increase security. Hopefully the guy who spat is on camera and gets what's coming to him. I just don't think it's a big deal and happens all over the world. It's nothing personal or enough to start a Trans-Tasman war over as some Australians and people on this thread seem to make out.

benchmark00

Fiery said:
Saying NZ are "living in the dark ages" is way OTT and makes you look ignorant. A bit like posting:

"Thats calling the kettle black"

Look up the word 'ignorant' so you can find the meaning of it before you start using it so liberally

Fiery

Banned
benchmark00 said:
Look up the word 'ignorant' so you can find the meaning of it before you start using it so liberally
I know what ignorant means and, yes, I probably should have used a better word like stupid. "Living in the dark ages" was a stupid thing to say.

_Ed_

bryce said:
which begs the question - why on earth to you bring a rock, fish or toilet seat to a cricket match lol
Very true. Did they get the toilet seat from their own toilet? Bet they regretted that the next time they needed to give a donation to the sewers.