Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Six You've Ever Seen

Banned

Biggest Six You've Ever Seen

I think McMillan's 6 tonight that left Wellington Stadium has to be one of the biggest hits I've ever seen. Any that stick in the mind or anyone have any good stories about huge hits?
    Last edited by Fiery; 19-02-2005 at 04:38 AM.

Banned
    Mark Waugh straight drove Vittori and the ball landed on the Lillee Marsh stand at the WACA.

98 I think.

Shane Bond vs India, Eden Park 2003. Baseball type swing, cleared the West Stand. Unbelieveable. That's the biggest I've ever seen at a game, McMillan's tonight on TV looked massive though, probably bigger.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I remember in Brett Lee (i think it was) in South Africa (haha sorry but i think it was that too, not sure though) a few years ago hit a six that went over the stand and smashed a car window in the car park, apparently it was some politicians car, although im not sure if that was entirely true. That was pretty huge
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Mark Waugh straight drove Vittori and the ball landed on the Lillee Marsh stand at the WACA.

98 I think.
    I heard Tom Moody say that was the biggest one he saw but for comparison the one afridi hit into the opposite end in the recent vb series must have been a good 40m back up on the 2nd tier, huge. Also remember Martyn hitting a straight one out of the ground at Cairns last year against Sri Lanka. Then of course there is the one Freddy hit straight into his dad's lap against the windies at Edgbaston.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

Davison hit a huge one at the World Cup 2003. Way, way out of the ground. Cameron White last week also bloody smashed MacGill. They were huge. Symonds onto the roof at the WACA, Afridi into the 2nd. tier at the WACA, all massive hits.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    I heard Tom Moody say that was the biggest one he saw but for comparison the one afridi hit into the opposite end in the recent vb series must have been a good 40m back up on the 2nd tier, huge. Also remember Martyn hitting a straight one out of the ground at Cairns last year against Sri Lanka. Then of course there is the one Freddy hit straight into his dad's lap against the windies at Edgbaston.
    You wouldn't think someone Martyn's size could figure in the big hitting stakes. Must have timed it magnificently. Would be nice to be able to measure them somehow some time in the future and have the figure come up on the screen like the bowling speeds.

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    You wouldn't think someone Martyn's size could figure in the big hitting stakes. Must have timed it magnificently. Would be nice to be able to measure them somehow some time in the future and have the figure come up on the screen like the bowling speeds.
    Yeah thats just what i thought when i saw it, just flew right out of the ground and was bouncing on the road with people walking by just watching this cricket ball whizz by!!!!

Another one I remember is in a domestic game at Eden Park Outer Oval, Andre Adams (at least I think it was him) hit one out of the ground and it landed on the road outside the ground.

U19 Debutant
    This one recently in perth which Afridi hit Symonds.
    http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...X1CVWRY85HTOFD

Tom Moody said the other biggest six he had seen on this pitch was Waugh against Vettori but afridis was bigger
    Last edited by imranrabb; 19-02-2005 at 06:30 AM.

International Debutant Waughney's Avatar
    Outback Aus. Answer's yes, the middle of nowhere

98 I think.
    Yeah, that'd be the one.
    Member of MSC - Murali Supporters Club

I'm not too dissimilar a batsman to Bradman.
    Both of us have batting averages below 100.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    I remember Jayasuirya hitting a big six in Singapore that went well out of the ground. I think it was the innings that he got the fastest 50 or the one the he got the fastest 100 before Afridi took it over.

I think Afridi six at the WACA was as big as that one but, it was also probably bigger then Mark Waugh.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

yeh afridi's six at the WACA was HUGE. just wondering, is the WACA a really really big ground? coz if ppl have hit it out of the ground, and yet the 2nd tier on the waca is considerred bigger?

i'd say the biggest six wld b hit by afridi considering he hits soo many of them and hits them very very hard

Pinball Champion!
    I remember John Dakin hit Andy Caddick out of the county ground and over the neighboring car park..

Simon Francis cleared the River on the other side of the ground as well, over some quite high stands too...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!

98 I think.
    anyone got a video or something of that?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information