• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ahktar pulls out of tour of India

So what are the motives of Ahktar in your opinions?

• He is genuinely injured and doing what is best for the side

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • he is acting in an attempt to spite and get retribution in an act of protest against his fine

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
My my that is a controversial move by Shoaib, in my opinion not only has this severely dented pakistans chances of getting anything out of the series but this is a decision that is potentially motivated by his recent fining..... i cant believe that this decision has been made purely on the basis of his injury, there is a darker side to this little tale. I will let you people decide...

BlackStar

Cricket Spectator
what I find strange is how HE decided that he was unfit. Don't the PCB have medical experts who put them through a fitness test? If you get a strained hamstring in the premiership you are back in 4-6 weeks. He has been out for that long already and i think he said that he will be fit in another 4-6 weeks (once the hard work has been done, i.e. test cricket).

It's a real shame because he is one of those players that can turn a game in a session.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Normally I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but there's clearly more going on here than a hamstring injury.

He is officially one of the most wasted talents I have ever seen grace the cricket field. That much talent, yet so many attitude problems. I really love seeing him bowl, so I'm disappointed that he won't be playing against India for myself, but also for a competitive series (No I'm not saying Pakistan can't win without him before anyone brings up the VB Series) but he's a very destructive bowler when he can/wants to be.

Choora

State Regular
BlackStar said:
what I find strange is how HE decided that he was unfit. Don't the PCB have medical experts who put them through a fitness test? If you get a strained hamstring in the premiership you are back in 4-6 weeks. He has been out for that long already and i think he said that he will be fit in another 4-6 weeks (once the hard work has been done, i.e. test cricket).

It's a real shame because he is one of those players that can turn a game in a session.
You guys are ignorant. Its PCB who needs to be blamed for the whole fiasco .

PCB asked Akhtar to come to Pakistan from Australian tour so that he could get fit under the supervision on the South African trainers. Akhtar did return only to find both the trainer and Physiotherapist leaving him alone and returning to South Africa for Holiday. Akhtar then consulted a local sports doctor Dr Tauseef (who happened to have been his personal trainer in the past) who after examing Akhtar declared that his Hamsting injury needs atleast one more month to heal and there is no way he can play in India.

Interestingly the PCB didn't provide Akhtar professionals under whose supervision he could have got fit, and neither didn't they allow Akhtar to seek the help of a local doctor.

Langeveldt

Soutie
SpaceMonkey said:
This is great news for Worcestershire...a nice fit and rested Shoaib for the season :)
I doubt it somehow... He'll probably tweak an ego or something while underperforming in the nets..

Dydl

International Debutant
Personally, I think Akhtar is over-rated. They did so well without him. They don't exactly need him there to bowl no-balls.

Fiery

Banned
Dydl said:
Personally, I think Akhtar is over-rated. They did so well without him. They don't exactly need him there to bowl no-balls.
Pakistan are better off without the prima donna. Inzi is obviously not too fond of him. He only tries when he feels like it and has been feigning injuries for years. He should have been sacked for going out on the jars during a test match anyway. Inexcusable these days...it's not the 70s and he's not Doug Walters.

cricket player

International Debutant
I doubt that he is playing the game of cat and mouse,The pakistani team was trying to boycot shoiab weren't they?If the team manegment isn't happy with his atitude,then Why in the hell do you want him to be in the team?despite performing great againts australia in the vb series.I just can't understand why he is acting like this or why he is not happy with the team manegment?

A couple of years back shoiab was declared being a chucker,And was eventually kicked out out of the international cricket,He did not wanted his career to be over so he went to australia to check is action and he wanted to get back playing international cricket.If he really cares about his career why is he doing this to him self,He is a good bowler no doubt about that,But if he doesn'nt behaves well then i suggest him to be out of the team forever.

This upcoming test match is reall importent for pakistan it is a must win situation for in order to triminat that humaliating defeat they suffered in hands of the australians.Either way shoiab is ******** and i wont consider him to be in the team not now not forever.

Choora

State Regular
Fiery said:
Pakistan are better off without the prima donna. Inzi is obviously not too fond of him. He only tries when he feels like it and has been feigning injuries for years. .
An accusation without any proof!

The last time Akhtar was accused of such act by Inzi and PCB, it were the accusers that ended up with eggs flat on their faces!

Fiery

Banned
Choora said:
An accusation without any proof!

The last time Akhtar was accused of such act by Inzi and PCB, it were the accusers that ended up with eggs flat on their faces!
I remember seeing him limping on the wrong leg once

Choora

State Regular
Fiery said:
Pakistan are better off without the prima donna. .

So you think so?? They would have been better off without Akhtar HAD Sami been a class act, Rao and Rana been a proven performer at test level.

When the Ranas and Rao's will get thrashing, Inzi will be seen whingning about the unavailabilty of Akhtar

Fiery

Banned
Choora said:
So you think so?? They would have been better off without Akhtar HAD Sami been a class act, Rao and Rana been a proven performer at test level.

When the Ranas and Rao's will get thrashing, Inzi will be seen whingning about the unavailabilty of Akhtar
I'd be whining too if my star fast bowler refused to shorten his run-up for the good of the team and his own fitness, went out on the piss during test matches and gives up and bowls at half-pace at the end of a test match that wasn't over.

Choora

State Regular
Fiery said:
I'd be whining too if my star fast bowler refused to shorten his run-up for the good of the team and his own fitness, went out on the piss during test matches and gives up and bowls at half-pace at the end of a test match that wasn't over.

Thats so very stupid!

First of all its debateable as to whether shortening the runup is going to be better for the team or not.Inzi wanted Akhtar to shorten runup coz of overrates, but Akhtar didn't played the finals yet Pakistan had the overrates problem!! So who is at fault?

If a bowler is not comfortable with a short runup then the captain should live with it instaed of opening a pandora box!

Why doesn't Inzi, himself loses weight and learn to start running between the wkts for the good of his team?

And Akhtar did bowl with a short run up, yet ended up being criticized by same fools for putting up a half hearted effort and being too slow!

I have a feeling that Akhtar will have the last laugh!

This tour of Pakistan is doomed, there is no way in hell that Pakistan can avoid a heavy defeat at the hands of India. A defeated Pak team would not get a warm welcome at home, and i can imagine a number of ppl targetting Inzi and Woomer and holding them responsible.

Inzi's batting and captaincy will be judge very closely by his countrymen, he has not done justice to any of them in test matches lately.If he fails again in India, then i think he won't get another chance to skip the side again.

I just hope Inzi doesn't pull out of the test series with an excuse of bad back. As soon as the Pak team get a hammering in first test match Inzi will start thinking of pulling out of remaining test matches and getting a doctor's certificate so that if Imran criticize Inzi for not playing , Inzi can always turn around and say "if only Imran had seen the doc report...... :tongue:

Josh

International Regular
Shoaib's body is just totally f**ked, his recovery rate is bound to be longer than it should be...