cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: So what are the motives of Ahktar in your opinions?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is genuinely injured and doing what is best for the side

14 53.85%
  • he is acting in an attempt to spite and get retribution in an act of protest against his fine

12 46.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahktar pulls out of tour of India

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.

Ahktar pulls out of tour of India

My my that is a controversial move by Shoaib, in my opinion not only has this severely dented pakistans chances of getting anything out of the series but this is a decision that is potentially motivated by his recent fining..... i cant believe that this decision has been made purely on the basis of his injury, there is a darker side to this little tale. I will let you people decide...

what I find strange is how HE decided that he was unfit. Don't the PCB have medical experts who put them through a fitness test? If you get a strained hamstring in the premiership you are back in 4-6 weeks. He has been out for that long already and i think he said that he will be fit in another 4-6 weeks (once the hard work has been done, i.e. test cricket).

It's a real shame because he is one of those players that can turn a game in a session.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Normally I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but there's clearly more going on here than a hamstring injury.

He is officially one of the most wasted talents I have ever seen grace the cricket field. That much talent, yet so many attitude problems. I really love seeing him bowl, so I'm disappointed that he won't be playing against India for myself, but also for a competitive series (No I'm not saying Pakistan can't win without him before anyone brings up the VB Series) but he's a very destructive bowler when he can/wants to be.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    This is great news for Worcestershire...a nice fit and rested Shoaib for the season

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar
    what I find strange is how HE decided that he was unfit. Don't the PCB have medical experts who put them through a fitness test? If you get a strained hamstring in the premiership you are back in 4-6 weeks. He has been out for that long already and i think he said that he will be fit in another 4-6 weeks (once the hard work has been done, i.e. test cricket).

It's a real shame because he is one of those players that can turn a game in a session.
    You guys are ignorant. Its PCB who needs to be blamed for the whole fiasco .

PCB asked Akhtar to come to Pakistan from Australian tour so that he could get fit under the supervision on the South African trainers. Akhtar did return only to find both the trainer and Physiotherapist leaving him alone and returning to South Africa for Holiday. Akhtar then consulted a local sports doctor Dr Tauseef (who happened to have been his personal trainer in the past) who after examing Akhtar declared that his Hamsting injury needs atleast one more month to heal and there is no way he can play in India.

Interestingly the PCB didn't provide Akhtar professionals under whose supervision he could have got fit, and neither didn't they allow Akhtar to seek the help of a local doctor.
    ------------------------------------

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
    This is great news for Worcestershire...a nice fit and rested Shoaib for the season
    I doubt it somehow... He'll probably tweak an ego or something while underperforming in the nets..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Debutant
    Personally, I think Akhtar is over-rated. They did so well without him. They don't exactly need him there to bowl no-balls.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydl
    Personally, I think Akhtar is over-rated. They did so well without him. They don't exactly need him there to bowl no-balls.
    Pakistan are better off without the prima donna. Inzi is obviously not too fond of him. He only tries when he feels like it and has been feigning injuries for years. He should have been sacked for going out on the jars during a test match anyway. Inexcusable these days...it's not the 70s and he's not Doug Walters.

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    I doubt that he is playing the game of cat and mouse,The pakistani team was trying to boycot shoiab weren't they?If the team manegment isn't happy with his atitude,then Why in the hell do you want him to be in the team?despite performing great againts australia in the vb series.I just can't understand why he is acting like this or why he is not happy with the team manegment?

A couple of years back shoiab was declared being a chucker,And was eventually kicked out out of the international cricket,He did not wanted his career to be over so he went to australia to check is action and he wanted to get back playing international cricket.If he really cares about his career why is he doing this to him self,He is a good bowler no doubt about that,But if he doesn'nt behaves well then i suggest him to be out of the team forever.

This upcoming test match is reall importent for pakistan it is a must win situation for in order to triminat that humaliating defeat they suffered in hands of the australians.Either way shoiab is ******** and i wont consider him to be in the team not now not forever.
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    Pakistan are better off without the prima donna. Inzi is obviously not too fond of him. He only tries when he feels like it and has been feigning injuries for years. .
    An accusation without any proof!

The last time Akhtar was accused of such act by Inzi and PCB, it were the accusers that ended up with eggs flat on their faces!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Choora
    An accusation without any proof!

The last time Akhtar was accused of such act by Inzi and PCB, it were the accusers that ended up with eggs flat on their faces!
    I remember seeing him limping on the wrong leg once

State Regular
    Pakistan are better off without the prima donna. .

So you think so?? They would have been better off without Akhtar HAD Sami been a class act, Rao and Rana been a proven performer at test level.

When the Ranas and Rao's will get thrashing, Inzi will be seen whingning about the unavailabilty of Akhtar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Choora
    So you think so?? They would have been better off without Akhtar HAD Sami been a class act, Rao and Rana been a proven performer at test level.

When the Ranas and Rao's will get thrashing, Inzi will be seen whingning about the unavailabilty of Akhtar
    I'd be whining too if my star fast bowler refused to shorten his run-up for the good of the team and his own fitness, went out on the piss during test matches and gives up and bowls at half-pace at the end of a test match that wasn't over.

State Regular
    I'd be whining too if my star fast bowler refused to shorten his run-up for the good of the team and his own fitness, went out on the piss during test matches and gives up and bowls at half-pace at the end of a test match that wasn't over.

Thats so very stupid!

First of all its debateable as to whether shortening the runup is going to be better for the team or not.Inzi wanted Akhtar to shorten runup coz of overrates, but Akhtar didn't played the finals yet Pakistan had the overrates problem!! So who is at fault?

If a bowler is not comfortable with a short runup then the captain should live with it instaed of opening a pandora box!

Why doesn't Inzi, himself loses weight and learn to start running between the wkts for the good of his team?

And Akhtar did bowl with a short run up, yet ended up being criticized by same fools for putting up a half hearted effort and being too slow!

State Regular
    I remember seeing him limping on the wrong leg once
    L L.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information