• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Beige Brigade

Langeveldt

Soutie
I've been most impressed with the exploits of this travelling bunch of New Zealand fans.. How resourceful of them to have gone from success to success, and now NZ are playing 20/20 in the beige and tan...

Like the barmy army, but with more culture and humour.. Why can't all sides have such thoughtful and dedicated support?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Camel56 said:
They are a poor mans version of the Barmy Army. Plodders the lot of them.
Poor Mans version of a bunch of sunburnt, drunken, liverpudlian accented knuckle scrapers who like to lower the general IQ of any country they leech themselves too? Barmy Army are just that. Supporters of a decade long underachieving sanctimonious cucumber sandwich eaters. Simply made for each other. Nice.

Go the Beige

Blaze

Banned
Camel56 said:
They are a poor mans version of the Barmy Army. Plodders the lot of them.

I don't think you are a fool, but what's my opinion compared to hundreds of others?

Are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today?

twctopcat

International Regular
The barmy army can't be the standard definition of pikeys though, as pikeys couldn't afford months away at a time in the windies, south africa etc! Majority seem to be from essex also given the west ham england flags etc! As for the beige brigade pretty docile by the sounds of it, just a uniform really, no atmos like the barmy army.

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
The barmy army can't be the standard definition of pikeys though, as pikeys couldn't afford months away at a time in the windies, south africa etc! Majority seem to be from essex also given the west ham england flags etc! As for the beige brigade pretty docile by the sounds of it, just a uniform really, no atmos like the barmy army.
If you sat anywhere near them I think you would change your mind

Langeveldt

Soutie
Blakey said:
Poor Mans version of a bunch of sunburnt, drunken, liverpudlian accented knuckle scrapers who like to lower the general IQ of any country they leech themselves too? Barmy Army are just that. Supporters of a decade long underachieving sanctimonious cucumber sandwich eaters. Simply made for each other. Nice.

Go the Beige
I didn't say anything :)

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
If you sat anywhere near them I think you would change your mind
Four of my mates were at Headingley last year and we're dissappointed with the banter, hoping for better!!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
The Banter is great, I love it....

Its the bloody

Ennngguulluunnd lalalalala alalalalalala lalalalala Barmy Army Barmy Army Barmy Army Barmy Army X1000.. that gets on my nerves..

And can they be called cricket fans when they spend half the day totally intoxicated?
Can't be too harsh though, they've outdone SA's support this year, and have put shedloads of their pounds into the SA economy

twctopcat

International Regular
Since when are all non english fans cricket fans sober??? Everyone loves a tin here and there with the game! The barmy army is all good though, makes a nice change to the quiet sometimes . Just seems to be that the beige brigade are just a uniform!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Most teams would kill for the type of Support away from home that the England team gets. They are a big reason that most teams make more money from English visits than any other.

Although i wouldnt want to sit anywhere near them :) and wish they'd get more than 2 bloody songs!

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Since when are all non english fans cricket fans sober??? Everyone loves a tin here and there with the game! The barmy army is all good though, makes a nice change to the quiet sometimes . Just seems to be that the beige brigade are just a uniform!
Unfair and untrue
Visit the website to learn more. www.beigebrigade.co.nz
I've sat next to the Barmy Army and been amused and annoyed in equal portions. The constant "Barmy Army" chant gets on ya **** after about 20 seconds

Langeveldt

Soutie
twctopcat said:
Yeah but most supporters seem to be able to resist the urge to chant after sinkin a few of SA's finest (South Africa, or South Australia, your pick).. Although the Aussie's penchant for p*ss taking and throwing and chicken hurling maybe moves the box we are thinking in slightly...

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
Unfair and untrue
Visit the website to learn more. www.beigebrigade.co.nz
I've sat next to the Barmy Army and been amused and annoyed in equal portions. The constant "Barmy Army" chant gets on ya **** after about 20 seconds
You see thats the point, you're not supposed to like the chant! I just love the "dan, dan give us a wave!" from headingley last year, that vettori is too polite for his own good!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
From Somerset v Yorkshire

Oi' Ryan, move your head I need a tan!

From Sydney

Oi' Tuffers! Lend us your brain mate, we're buildin an idiot!

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Yeah but most supporters seem to be able to resist the urge to chant after sinkin a few of SA's finest (South Africa, or South Australia, your pick).. Although the Aussie's penchant for p*ss taking and throwing and chicken hurling maybe moves the box we are thinking in slightly...
Suppose that's the football culture creeping in, at least the chants(monotonous as they may be) are good natured and the barmy army support their own team rather than slag off the others(SA and OZ take note).

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Oooh, that cuts deep man, real deep :D
Haha, guessed you would reply with kp top of the agenda, too easy. Was thinking murali etc more in oz, but if you insist....... :p