• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Beige Brigade

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
If anyone mentions Sonny Shaw, I'm out of here...
:laugh:
Strange man. Must say I'm impressed by his ability to sit in a seat that puts him in the background in almost every camera angle used in replays though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
age_master said:
the fanatics are absolutely woeful. just yobbos with no imagination.

these days in melbourne its all 15 and 16 year olds who try and start chants and stuff because the older people are over getting tanked at the cricket. just gets embarrassing watching the poor kids try.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
And can they be called cricket fans when they spend half the day totally intoxicated?

Oi, watch it!

The fact they go all round the world following the side gives them much kudos IMO.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
I must admit that I went & bought a beige shirt the other day. There is a huge following in NZ now..apparently there are supporters as far as Iceland even!
If that turns out to be the case long term then I for one will applaud it.

Getting the fans interested in the game is the only way to keep it going.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Haha Voltman What is the deal with Sonny Shaw anyway?
He got offside with fans after he claimed All Black loose forward Jerry Collins clocked him at a Wellington pub. Him coming to the press wasn't the main reason for the tide of public opinion turning against him though - a newspaper did some digging and found out he was found guilty of rape in his shady past. Now I understand any Kiwi commentators overseas don't say a word about him if the local cameras focus on him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I could understand you saying a_m would champion something because it's Australian - what I didn't understand was you saying to v_o that he'd trash something because it's Australian - when he's Australian.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Voltman said:
He got offside with fans after he claimed All Black loose forward Jerry Collins clocked him at a Wellington pub. Him coming to the press wasn't the main reason for the tide of public opinion turning against him though - a newspaper did some digging and found out he was found guilty of rape in his shady past. Now I understand any Kiwi commentators overseas don't say a word about him if the local cameras focus on him.
I remeber one game at the Brook a couple of years ago, he got in the backround of a replay, and the whole terrace went up in a Kiddie Fiddler chant (i hope i can say that). Fair to say he avoided the cameras for the rest of the game.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
The Beige Brigade are legends from my point of view. Considering that only a couple of guys started it makes it quite amazing that there's squillions of beige shirts around now.

One of the original aims of the Beige Brigade was to enjoy yourself but always to respect the players. Some local boofheads that buy beige shirts and then throw things at players should have their shirts confiscated. Its un-Beige Brigadey

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
What a plonker! Didn't know that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I could understand you saying a_m would champion something because it's Australian - what I didn't understand was you saying to v_o that he'd trash something because it's Australian - when he's Australian.
He said they were "yobbos with no imagination"

I said, "Oh, what a shock - they're Australian" - it was a little joke about Australian's being yobbos with no imagination.