• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst last five over batsmen ??

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
To be fair, if either of them were there in the last 5 overs they'd have big scores and would be seeing it like a Football, so would quite probably score at a fair lick.
Exactly the point I was trying to make with Sinclair earlier...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tassietiger said:
Symonds is useless if he hasn't got his eye in already. If he's been batting since about the 30th over, however, he's one of the best there is.

Michael Bevan was never a big-hitter late in an innings.
I don't think you just need a big hitter though. Bevan was possibly the best ever at rotating the strike and constantly keeping the scoreboard ticking.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
well whatever way you look at it, hes still not the batsman you'd want in the last 5 overs. whether he is capable of scoring quickly(which im not too sure about anyways) is irrelevant, the fact is that he doesnt.
I assure you that Kallis most definitely can score quickly and has done so on several occasions.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I assure you that Kallis most definitely can score quickly and has done so on several occasions.
doubt it, hes had the odd occasion where hes scored quickly, but really everyone does. by and large, hes one of the worst players to have in the last 5 overs.

Yes as my listeners know, Greatbatch was particularly ordinary in my book. As i recall he was a fully paid up member of the plod squad too.