• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee in test team

Slow Love™

International Captain
I have to admit that when I read "tempting fate" comments like Neil's and TEC's, I half hope that somebody gets injured (not seriously) for the Ashes, Lee plays, and blows the Pom top order away, just to watch the hair-pulling and anguish. :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to admit that when I read "tempting fate" comments like Neil's and TEC's, I half hope that somebody gets injured (not seriously) for the Ashes, Lee plays, and blows the Pom top order away, just to watch the hair-pulling and anguish.
And I suspect there's a chance of that happening if an injury occurs.

Lee is a different bowler than his 2001 tour of England. Mark my words; if he gets a game, at the very least, he'll bowl FAR better.

tooextracool

International Coach
well to bowl well in this ashes series, he would have to be a different bowler than he was in the 2003 ashes series too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Slow Love™ said:
I have to admit that when I read "tempting fate" comments like Neil's and TEC's, I half hope that somebody gets injured (not seriously) for the Ashes, Lee plays, and blows the Pom top order away, just to watch the hair-pulling and anguish. :)
daaaaamn straight! especially TEC :)

Top_Cat

well to bowl well in this ashes series, he would have to be a different bowler than he was in the 2003 ashes series too.
And I believe he is. We shall see. :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
150 ks plus & with outswing - anyone else in the world bowl that?

Please name one other team where Brett Lee would not play.

Zinzan

social said:

I'd like to see TEC face Lee :ph34r: and then bowl to Hayden :D

twctopcat

International Regular
Brett Lee has been bowling bilge in tests for a couple of years but sod's law says that because he is an aussie, he will take 30 wickets in the series at 18. That's just the aussie way, saving the best for the english. I just hope to god that doesn't happen.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
I have visions of Kasprowicz's off cutters nailing England's left handers so repeatedly, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm just not allowing myself to be carried away - results in not being gutted if the implosion (cf. 2003, 2001, 1999, 1997, 1995, 1993, 1991, 1989) happens.

twctopcat

International Regular
mavric41 said:
The Poms are quaking in their boots already. :p I love it. :D
You kind of get like that after so many years, makes the triumph when it happens all the more sweeter!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Brett Lee has been bowling bilge in tests for a couple of years but sod's law says that because he is an aussie, he will take 30 wickets in the series at 18. That's just the aussie way, saving the best for the english. I just hope to god that doesn't happen.
Of course, Lee's saved his best for England in taking 22 wickets at 46.90 so far in his 8-Test career, hasn't he?
In fact England have dealt with him better than anyone - though Pakistan are damn close.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
I'd like to see TEC face Lee :ph34r: and then bowl to Hayden :D
Of course you would - it's a typical comment when someone talks down players.
It's a rather silly one, though - for the obvious reason that no-one is taking international cricket in the context of playing against themselves and it really rather irritates me when people resort to the "I'd like to see Mr. X play against so-and-so".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
Nope - not many others manage to bowl with such extraordinary waywardness either.
South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England, New Zealand... though only maybe.
Sorry, I quadroupled what you asked for. :)