• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's top 10 six hitters? (Current players)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Also in no particular order:
Cairns
Oram
Afridi
Razzaq
Flintoff
Sehwag
Gilchrist
Jayasuriya
Astle (222 comes to mind)
McMillan (after that enormous six tonight)

Fiery

Banned
imranrabb said:
Afridi hit the biggest six ever recently in perth against symonds
I think McMillan's one tonight may have supplanted it. Off Symonds again and left the Cake Tin

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fiery said:
I think McMillan's one tonight may have supplanted it. Off Symonds again and left the Cake Tin
I saw very little of the VB Series so can't comment on Afridi's six but I can guarantee that McMillan's was absolutely massive. Biggest six I have ever seen since Astle's straight six off Caddick in 2002.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
honestbharani said:
I think he meant the top 10 six hitters list of his in test cricket, not a team.
Marc means that the original post was a list of 11 players, opposed to 10 which is what the thread is asking ;)

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think Kemp and Afridi are quite possibly the best six-hitters in the world right now. Afridi is amazing on the go. Regarding Kemp v Pietersen: Kemp hits them crazy distances, but Pietersen does it so unexpectedly.

One of the most effortless six-hitters I've seen is Dwayne Smith. Pity about the rest of his batting game.
LOL about Pietersen's unexpected sixes.

Another effortless [and unexpected] six-hitter is Ganguly. just when you think he is getting worked over by the bowler, he does a simple pick-up/ short-arm jab job for SIX.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Such a shame some of the competent six-hitters we have around seem to not be able to anything other than hit big 6s. the culprits are Afridi, Powell and as mentioned by Mr. Mxyzptlk , Dwayne Smith. imagine what Afridi could do if he could hit the ball along the ground with his power and timing.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
BTW how come nobody has yet mentioned Mr. RT Ponting as a six hitter. He hits be ball a fair long way for a small man.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
SpeedKing said:
BTW how come nobody has yet mentioned Mr. RT Ponting as a six hitter. He hits be ball a fair long way for a small man.
When he gets going he can be a lethal player, and as he showed in the Twenty20 match, he can hit the ball a long way. I don't think he's been included in any of the lists because he's not known for his six-hitting compared to the other players that have been mentioned.