• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen exonerated(?)

Alan B

Cricket Spectator
We always knew he was 'good', but now he's proved himself in the big-boys one day class, how can he be left out of the 'proper cricket' this coming summer. I think not!
The ironical thought is; how often is he going to play for Hampshire, assuming he becomes a 'contracted' member of the test squad. As a Notts supporter I'm trying not to smirk! :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Alan B said:
We always knew he was 'good', but now he's proved himself in the big-boys one day class, how can he be left out of the 'proper cricket' this coming summer. I think not!
The ironical thought is; how often is he going to play for Hampshire, assuming he becomes a 'contracted' member of the test squad. As a Notts supporter I'm trying not to smirk! :D
it very unfortunate for hampshire i have to say as he is now going to miss almost their entire season due to the fact that he will be part of the england one day squad and now probably the test team as well. one thing hampshire can take heart from is the fact that they will still have warne for the beginning of the season before he joins up with the australian ashes squad.

Fiery

Banned
The fastest player to reach 500 runs in ODIs in history. That's not a bad effort really. Must be nice for you Englishmen to have something to cheer about after the series loss and the 6 nations.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fiery said:
The fastest player to reach 500 runs in ODIs in history. That's not a bad effort really. Must be nice for you Englishmen to have something to cheer about after the series loss and the 6 nations.
series loss you say? as in the 3-0 whitewash against england last year? and whats this you say? australia are coming? i smell another series loss for the black caps.

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
Test series win made up for it don't you worry!;)

Fiery

Banned
sledger said:
series loss you say? as in the 3-0 whitewash against england last year? and whats this you say? australia are coming? i smell another series loss for the black caps.
We'll give them a touch-up in the one-dayers, you just watch and weep. I think you'll find we had your number in the Natwest series last year my pommie pal.
Hey, what's happened to your rugby team by the way? I mean Wales!...please. Little Johnny not there to kick you out of trouble, eh.

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Test series win made up for it don't you worry!;)
How are you going to make up for losing to Wales then a very poor French side in the rugger old boy?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fiery said:
We'll give them a touch-up in the one-dayers, you just watch and weep. I think you'll find we had your number in the Natwest series last year my pommie pal.
Hey, what's happened to your rugby team by the way? I mean Wales!...please. Little Johnny not there to kick you out of trouble, eh.
you got me there mate, that natwest series was a disgrace, england were badly let down by awful bowling attacks sajit mahmood being a main offender, and some awful selections of terrible all rounders such as rikki clarke and ian blackwell. fair play to you i hope you give the aussies a pasting although i cant see you winning the series.

as for rugby the less said about that the better. wilko's replacement hodgson isnt really upto it, miss dallaglio as well, nit sure whats happened to greenwood either...

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Who says i give two hoots about rugger boy? :)
So you prefer the round-ball game? Fair enough, if you're partial to the odd grope on the ass or dry root from your fellow teammates now and then then who am I to begrudge you of that. Whatever you're into I guess. :pimp:

Last edited:

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
So you prefer the round-ball game? Fair enough, if you're partial to the odd grope on the ass or dry root from your fellow teammates now and then then who am I to begrudge you of that. Whatever you're into I guess. :pimp:
You got it one, i leave all the groping to the loose props and locks you see, i was a centre, far too pretty for that forward stuff. I played the egg game, but just can't be arsed with watching it.

Fiery

Banned
sledger said:
by giving ireland a thrashing lol....:p
They're not looking too shabby though. I can't wait for your Lions to come over here. It's not looking too scary to us at the moment. Might have to lift your game a bit for that one lads.

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
You got it one, i leave all the groping to the loose props and locks you see, i was a centre, far too pretty for that forward stuff. I played the egg game, but just can't be arsed with watching it.
Yeah I was a fullback and was quite fond of giving it a hoof if any big, ugly bastards were bearing down on me. What football team do you support? You're probably gonna love this but I lived in Hammersmith for a year and became a huge Chelsea fan. Happy days!

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
Yeah I was a fullback and was quite fond of giving it a hoof if any big, ugly bastards were bearing down on me. What football team do you support? You're probably gonna love this but I lived in Hammersmith for a year and became a huge Chelsea fan. Happy days!
I played fullback sometimes, was always fun running at the other attack after they hoofed it when i had a 30m run up! Support Man Utd so less said about your team the better, hopefully i'll be smiling come may!

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
I played fullback sometimes, was always fun running at the other attack after they hoofed it when i had a 30m run up! Support Man Utd so less said about your team the better, hopefully i'll be smiling come may!
Don't get your hopes up too high. You're just setting yourself up for a major disappointment. It must be hard being you at the moment what with your footie team struggling, your cricket team losing the one-dayers, your rugby team having a mare and your future king marrying an old trout.

Last edited:

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
Don't get your hopes up too high. You're just setting yourself up for a major disappointment. It must be hard being you at the moment what with your footie team struggling, your cricket team losing the one-dayers, your rugby team having a mare and your future king marrying an old trout.
It's obviously more of a problem to you!! One dayers are one dayers, all i care about it 2007 and the WC, Man Utd, well if you think they are struggling you don't know much, rugger meh and royalty=trouts as a general rule IMO!

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
It's obviously more of a problem to you!! One dayers are one dayers, all i care about it 2007 and the WC, Man Utd, well if you think they are struggling you don't know much, rugger meh and royalty=trouts as a general rule IMO!
:) Did I offend you? Sorry man, I was just kidding with ya. Man Utd struggling to stay in touch with Chelsea is all I meant. I'm enjoying basking in my team's reflective glory. I enjoy winding you English up. I guess it comes from years working for a bank in London being referred to as a colonial and enduring the old sheep-shagging jibes. You can call me a ewe-turner if you want, I wont take it personally.

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
:) Did I offend you? Sorry man, I was just kidding with ya. Man Utd struggling to stay in touch with Chelsea is all I meant. I'm enjoying basking in my team's reflective glory. I enjoy winding you English up. I guess it comes from years working for a bank in London being referred to as a colonial and enduring the old sheep-shagging jibes. You can call me a ewe-turner if you want, I wont take it personally.
Haha, i just leave those jibes for the welsh! But then again aren't there more sheep in nz than people, heard that somewhere, prob just a joke though! As for the footie fair enough if you do win as i think Mourinho is alright. However i've been watching footie for a long time and it isn't over yet! :)

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Haha, i just leave those jibes for the welsh! But then again aren't there more sheep in nz than people, heard that somewhere, prob just a joke though! As for the footie fair enough if you do win as i think Mourinho is alright. However i've been watching footie for a long time and it isn't over yet! :)
They out-number us by about 10 to 1. Is that Terry Alderman being belted over the long-on fence by Botham?