• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Woodworm

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hi, I'm KP and welcome to Woodworm!

I moved to England from South Africa, having been attracted to Nottinghamshire CCC by Clive Rice in 2001 and the promise of regular county cricket. I was born in Pietermaritzburg on 27th June 1980 and after representing Pietermaritzburg College and the University of South Africa, I played for Kwa-Zulu Natal from 1997-2000.

Away from cricket I'm a massive Formula 1 fan, as well as being a dedicated supporter of the Natal Sharks in the rugby Super 12. I also enjoy spending time back in South Africa with my family and girlfriend Cate.

I am delighted to have just signed a new long-term deal with Woodworm, in addition to signing a long-term deal with Hampshire. I am very excited about the new bat which I will be using, the Woodworm Torch. I worked very closely with Woodworm in designing a new-shaped cricket bat and I am over the moon with the result. The Torch's big thick edges and bowed blade, coupled with the unique cutaway edges and attention-grabbing style should be a big hit with cricketers up and down the country.

2005 should be an exciting year for me. As long as I keep producing the goods and keep working hard, then with Woodworm's help, I am sure I will achieve my goals.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Not a fan of the bat, come with horrid grips and the grooves are a bit of a pointless marketing tool.. Nice middle, but try something from Gunn and Moore if you want a really nice bat... (Purist Original my suggestion)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
a really nice bat, i would go for Gray-Nicolls :) awesome bats:) the MRF that lara and tendulkar use is also a very nice bat :) Woodworm is a pretty good bat and the look is pretty kewl :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice middle, but try something from Gunn and Moore if you want a really nice bat... (Purist Original my suggestion)
Not all of us can afford to sell the rights to our first-born child in order to gain the money to afford G&M bats. :)

And yes I realise the irony in the fact that I own an MRF Conquerer. It was on special. ;)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Top_Cat said:
Not all of us can afford to sell the rights to our first-born child in order to gain the money to afford G&M bats. :)

And yes I realise the irony in the fact that I own an MRF Conquerer. It was on special. ;)
Whos to say my GM wasn't on special :) IIRC, cheaper than the Woodworm competition as well

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Its like a what happened next on question of sport....my guess is a good stop in the outfield prevents the boundary but you get a single.

Now if it were the real Rikki Clarke, it end with either the middle stump out the ground or the ball skied up in the air and taken by mid on.

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
Its like a what happened next on question of sport....my guess is a good stop in the outfield prevents the boundary but you get a single.

Now if it were the real Rikki Clarke, it end with either the middle stump out the ground or the ball skied up in the air and taken by mid on.
Nope.. try again

Langeveldt

Soutie
The penultimate over it was, the ball was miles outside off stump and I scythed it to be caught at Backward Point.. For 10 I think..

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Whos to say my GM wasn't on special :) IIRC, cheaper than the Woodworm competition as well

Is that an England top being worn by the oh so mighty Saffie Fan and Pietersen hater Langeveldt

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah id say gray-nicolls. thats what i use. but dont let that stop you from getting one, gray-nicolls bats are good.

twctopcat

International Regular
Warsop bats of essex. On the last english ashes tour the aussies bought about 100 to have shipped back over to oz. Very good bats.