Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: **Official** Bangladesh A in Zimbabwe

  1. #1
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    266

    **Official** Bangladesh A in Zimbabwe

    Day 1: Bangladesh A 254, Zimbabwe A 57/3 (Duffin 22*, Cremer 0*; 20 overs)

    Bangladesh's Raquibul Hassan scored 100 from 157 balls.
    Last edited by crickmate; 14-02-2005 at 04:09 PM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  2. #2
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    266
    Zimbabwe A all out on 188 on second day.

    Enamul Haque Jr. again got 7 wickets. It seems this spinner is too good for Zimbabwe.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  3. #3
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    266
    Final result:

    Bangladesh A 254 (Raqibul 100) and 232 beat Zimbabwe A 188 (Enamul 7-47) and 248 (Shadahat 5-63) by 50 runs

    Enamul got 10 wickets in the match.
    Last edited by crickmate; 16-02-2005 at 09:09 AM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  4. #4
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,361
    and people thought it couldnt get worse than these two teams first teams....
    rave down, hit the ground


    MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com


  5. #5
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    266
    2nd 4 day match, Bangladesh playing without Enamul Haque Jr.(he is too much for Zimbabwe, I guess ):

    Day 1: Bangladesh A 309/9 (Mushfiqur Rahim 110*, Shafaq Al Zabir 1*; 96 overs)
    Day 2: Bangladesh A 311, Zimbabwe A 201, Bangladesh A 78/0

    At least some blind peoples in this forum now should see that Bangladesh indeed has improved. Even the A team of Bangladesh is very close to the national team in performance.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  6. #6
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    29,567
    Quote Originally Posted by crickmate

    At least some blind peoples in this forum now should see that Bangladesh indeed has improved. Even the A team of Bangladesh is very close to the national team in performance.
    Not a chance.. The only reason they have improved is because of the Zimbabwe exodus and India deciding to be complacent and rest players for a couple of games.. Zimbabwe's "proper" team would smash Bangladesh into last week..

    The fact remains that their domestic structure is hilarious, and their talent recognition non existant, and the whole issue of them playing test match cricket is farcical...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Not a chance.. The only reason they have improved is because of the Zimbabwe exodus and India deciding to be complacent and rest players for a couple of games.. Zimbabwe's "proper" team would smash Bangladesh into last week..
    Even their team of 2003\04 hammered them.
    And that was with a side not remotely close to meriting Test and ODI status.
    If they still had Johnson, Grant Flower, Wishart, Campbell, Goodwin, Andy Flower, Carlisle, Guy Whittall, Streak, the Rennies, Olonga, the Strangs, and a few others, they'd still be something resembling a decent side.
    Bangladesh made a tiny improvement in the 2nd half of 2003, but they're still not anything remotely close to Test-standard.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  8. #8
    Banned Pinkline Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vaucluse
    Posts
    157
    Richard,

    Andy Flower and Grant Fowler wouldn't make a Zoe Goss-selected Orange Boy Eleven let alone a Test side. I can't see your point here. Maybe, it's about time Richard, that you discarded your Falling Down-style shattered spectacles and had a proper look at the kebabs. There's an old Bangladeshian proverb "He who He who He who he who" but then again the originator, Calcutta's Kebabus Emeritus, Karma Pa-Pa-Pa-Prajneesh WAS reputed to have had a speech impediment.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  9. #9
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    266
    lol, Richard. How bad memory you have. All of the matches were very competitive. And you call that hammering. LOL again. In 3 ODI matches Bangladesh won 1 match and other two mathces were also competitive. If you please refer to the scorecards again, you will see the only difference between Bangldesh and ZImbabwe 2003/04 was Heath Streak.

    Zimbabwe was a one man show. And still they are one man show. Earlier it was Heath Streak. Now it is Taibu saving Zimb ass from being humiliated.

    And believe me, if now Zimbabwe comes with full strength, even Bangladesh A team will be too competitive for them. Face the reality.

    It was too pity that Zimbabwe cannot even form a good A team. How shallow the depth of cricket they have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Even their team of 2003\04 hammered them.
    And that was with a side not remotely close to meriting Test and ODI status.
    If they still had Johnson, Grant Flower, Wishart, Campbell, Goodwin, Andy Flower, Carlisle, Guy Whittall, Streak, the Rennies, Olonga, the Strangs, and a few others, they'd still be something resembling a decent side.
    Bangladesh made a tiny improvement in the 2nd half of 2003, but they're still not anything remotely close to Test-standard.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    The full strength Zimbabwe Team that came to Australia last summer was crap and they been crap ever since Andy Flower retired after the 2003 WC. Even with their full stength side they would still loss to BD and there A side would still loss the BD A. BD have improved allot since Dav Watmore took over, just look at their performances aganist Pakistan, West Indies and India. Whereas Zimbabwe have been on a down spiral since the WC2003.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  11. #11
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    The full strength Zimbabwe Team that came to Australia last summer was crap and they been crap ever since Andy Flower retired after the 2003 WC.
    No, they've been crap ever since Andy Flower, Alistair Campbell, Guy Whittall, Henry Olonga and Gavin Rennie were lost after that competition.
    And their current side is full-strength - the loss of the extra 15 players was simply an extension to the loss of all the players before and directly after WC2003.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkline Jones
    Richard,

    Andy Flower and Grant Fowler wouldn't make a Zoe Goss-selected Orange Boy Eleven let alone a Test side. I can't see your point here. Maybe, it's about time Richard, that you discarded your Falling Down-style shattered spectacles and had a proper look at the kebabs. There's an old Bangladeshian proverb "He who He who He who he who" but then again the originator, Calcutta's Kebabus Emeritus, Karma Pa-Pa-Pa-Prajneesh WAS reputed to have had a speech impediment.
    Maybe it's time you stopped pelting the board with your uninhibited gibberish and disappeared for good?
    You might want to go to a cricket ground - you might learn something about the game there.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by crickmate
    lol, Richard. How bad memory you have. All of the matches were very competitive. And you call that hammering. LOL again. In 3 ODI matches Bangladesh won 1 match and other two mathces were also competitive. If you please refer to the scorecards again, you will see the only difference between Bangldesh and ZImbabwe 2003/04 was Heath Streak.
    Err, yes, despite winning The First Test by 183 runs and having a first-innings lead of 42 with 8 wickets remaining, that wasn't a hammering?
    And if I didn't recall the ODIs perfectly I think you could forgive me for forgetting such a meaningless, gutter-standard series.
    Zimbabwe was a one man show. And still they are one man show. Earlier it was Heath Streak. Now it is Taibu saving Zimb ass from being humiliated.

    And believe me, if now Zimbabwe comes with full strength, even Bangladesh A team will be too competitive for them. Face the reality.

    It was too pity that Zimbabwe cannot even form a good A team. How shallow the depth of cricket they have.
    Wow, what an amazing achievement Bangladesh have achieved - they're a tiny bit better than Zimbabwe!
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  14. #14
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    266
    Zim are chasing 388. They were 34 for 2 in their second innings.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  15. #15
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    266
    the point is they have improved a lot in the last two years. and most of them are still very young players. Also lots of excellent players are in the pipeline. Wait and see. Though some like you does not want other teams to bloom up, they will come up eventually kicking the ass of so called crcketing nations where cricket is actually dyeing day by day. The passions and support Bangladesh have towards cricket are itself enough to boom them up very soon. Like they have improved in last two years , they will keep improving, whether you want it or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Wow, what an amazing achievement Bangladesh have achieved - they're a tiny bit better than Zimbabwe!
    Last edited by crickmate; 21-02-2005 at 11:06 AM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh
    By tadeusz in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-01-2005, 11:40 AM
  2. Zimbabwe Announce Squad For Bangladesh Tour
    By Prince EWS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 04:12 AM
  3. *Official* Bangladesh in Namibia and Zimbabwe
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 15-03-2004, 12:58 PM
  4. Bangladesh Finally Won A Match !!!!
    By Legglancer in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 14-03-2004, 08:52 AM
  5. Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe
    By marc71178 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 13-10-2003, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •