• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in South Africa Thread

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
wow, Kallis has come in and absolutely mullered it from the off, 3 consecutive sixes
Cricinfo is behind. We're still reading about Rudolphs four consecutive fours.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Three huge sixes from Kallis off me.
Hey, you got the captain's wicket, you can't be expected to keep the runs down as well.

edit: good thing too, considering your eco rate of 12.89

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Whats the odds on south africa scoring the most runs ever in a day?
Seeing as they havent had a session and a bit to do it they must be getting relatively close
15 overs left and theyre going at almost 7
105 plus 270 is 385? How fars that off the record?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
scottcraze said:
Whats the odds on south africa scoring the most runs ever in a day?
Seeing as they havent had a session and a bit to do it they must be getting relatively close
15 overs left and theyre going at almost 7
105 plus 270 is 385? How fars that off the record?
its the biggest first innings lead after day 1

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The record's over 500 in Tests (SL v Bdesh recently) and 700+ in FC cricket (1948 Australians against Essex).

Kallis is on for Botham's 26-ball fifty or even Sir Viv's 56-ball ton.

South Africa have broken one record - the biggest first-day lead. It was 233 (England 286-8 following Australia 53 all out) at Lord's in 1896.

scottcraze

42.3 Streak to Kallis, FOUR, down the wicket and drives gloriously
through the covers, shot of the day, I have to wonder what the
slip and gully are doing there!

classic!

scottcraze

Neil where do u get those stats from, u may wanna look up most 6's in a first class innings the way Kallis is going

Taibu on to bowl?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
scottcraze said:
Neil where do u get those stats from, u may wanna look up most 6's in a first class innings the way Kallis is going

Taibu on to bowl?
Seventeen I think - Andrew Symonds for Warwicks at Glamorgan around nine years back.

Combination of Cricinfo, Sky and head.

scottcraze

Yeha cremer must be getting close to being the quickest bowler to concede a ton

I remember the Symonds innings fairly impressive

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If South Africa declare right now, they would be favourite to win by an innings. Yet they wont as test runs are precious. And this is the paradox. In this match, the runs and wickets are as easy as they come.

When a passioante test cricket and South African cricket followed can switch off his television seeing the massacre of runs, I am dread how much of a negative impact it has on the normal cricket fans.

bad exhibiton for the game. And every one knows it too.

Sigh.