• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spin-backed India can whitewash Shoaib-less Pakistan: Sarfraz

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
Richard,

Warne "gone to pieces" hey mate - well it wouldn't be anywhere near the number of times YOU've gone to pieces on this forum when challenged.
Well if you can get anywhere near zero that's news to me.

Richard said:
Really?
Arshad Khan will turn the ball as much as Harbhajan and Kumble and is every bit (if not maybe even more) accurate, and Kaneria ain't far behind. All right, they don't have the variation of the two Indians but they do have the armoury to trouble anyone on a turning pitch (which I really hope we see).
Well most of Danish's own countrymen don't think he can't do much in India.

Recently Mushtaq Mohd said that
"to win Test matches, you need to take 20 wickets and I don't see any bowler capable of running through the innings. Danish Kaneria has been bowling well recently but he needs support. Besides, figures of five for 140 will not win you Tests. You need to have figures of five for 50 to win you a Test. And how regularly can Danish do this?"
I noticed that the guy didn't even mentioned Arshad Khan's name, mind you Mushtaq Mohad happen to be one the the best Pakistan captain. And its not just Mushtaq, other Pakistani ex-cricketers including Miandad thinks that their spinners will be crucified on Indian tour.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And they may be right - it's a hell of a challenge and the pressure will be unbelievable - and yes, some players crack under it.
I hope, personally, that Danish and Arshad have the right temperaments to ride-out the pressure and bowl like they can.
If they do, and the pitches help them, they'll cause anyone problems.

Considering most of Pak forger greats have written off Pak already, India should think about giving its "B" team to compte against Pakistan in one test match.

Maybe if Pakistanis are lucky they might avoid a defeat against B team :p

My second string team would be,

W jaffer
Ramesh
Danish
Kambli
Rayuda
Kaif(c)
Dhoni
Ajit
Nehra
Karthik
Salvi

This second string team looks stronger than Pak national team.

wahindiawah

Banned
imranrabb said:
Funny you say that considering pakistan beat india four times in a row
Funny you say that considering in other thread (after the Pak team was announced) you said that Pakistan would lose all the 3 test matches to India

Shoaib

Banned
This is the funniest thread ever on CW forum.Its full of jokes really.Almost everyone who posted his predictions on this thread seems to be a professional joker,especially those who said "3-0".

Last edited:
Shoaib said:
This the funniest thread ever on CW forum.Its full of jokes really.Almost everyone who posted his predictions on this thread seems to be a professional joker,especially those who said "3-0".
I think that series was a great escape for Pakistan. Pakistan managed to draw the series thnaks to poor and negative captaincy by Saurav Ganguly.Had India been playing under a different leader and with the right attitude then there is no way that Pakistan would have ended up drewing the series with a more talented and accomplished side.

In cricket its not always the case of the better team winning the match, the team that plays better cricket and comes up with good preparation can outgun the stronger opponent.That is what happened in recently concluded Ashes series and the last test match between India and Pakistan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vandemataram said:
I think that series was a great escape for Pakistan. Pakistan managed to draw the series thnaks to poor and negative captaincy by Saurav Ganguly.Had India been playing under a different leader and with the right attitude then there is no way that Pakistan would have ended up drewing the series with a more talented and accomplished side.
Pakistan played well its better to acknowledge that than giving excuses for possible inner weaknesses in the squad. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
honestbharani said:
I don't think Rao and Rana will get as much assistance from the Indian wickets.... esp. since the series is happening in peak summer. Unlike in September/October, when the morning session always gave something for the bowlers, in feb/march/april, there will be nil assistance for the seamers. That is one of the reasons for McGrath and Gillespie tasting more success in this tour than the last one. Also remember how Tuffey created lots of problems for the Indians at Mohali in 2003 sep/oct. But the same will definitely not happen in feb/March. Pakistan should either have express pace or class spin and that is why I think Akhtar and Kaneria will be crucial to their success.

Kaneria did play a crucial role in the drawn series. And Sami did trouble India with some pace at Bangalore. So, I guess I was right. :D

Shoaib

Banned
vandemataram said:

In cricket its not always the case of the better team winning the match, the team that plays better cricket and comes up with good preparation can outgun the stronger opponent.That is what happened in recently concluded Ashes series and the last test match between India and Pakistan.
Its interresting that how "india's most successful captain" did poor captaincy against pakistan.Its better u acknowlege it rather than living in the world of dreams that Pakistan has become a better side than India since Bob Woolmer has joined us as coach.U've lost 8 out of last 10 ODIs against Pakistan & thats enough to prove that we r now better than u.If Akhtar was in the team,we would've easily won the test series also.

Last edited:

Shoaib

Banned
vandemataram said:
wrong.Only those teams can play better cricket who have better talent & hence a better side.Coaching & prepration factor also counts to some extent.England won the ashes because they now have better team than Australia who have only oldies left in their side.England is now one of the best sides of the world.Realize the facts & stop living in your imaginary world.I dont claim that we r the best side (which we aren't),but we r now better than India atleast.thats what about which i'm 100% sure.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shoaib said:
wrong.Only those teams can play better cricket who have better talent & hence a better side.Coaching & prepration factor also counts to some extent.England won the ashes because they now have better team than Australia who have only oldies left in their side.England is now one of the best sides of the world.Realize the facts & stop living in your imaginary world.I dont claim that we r the best side (which we aren't),but we r now better than India atleast.thats what about which i'm 100% sure.
That now makes Pakistan 'A' the best in the world.

/Over-simplification is good - it does away with the need for thought.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
vandemataram said:
These fellow will work hard but will get hammered.

Without Akhtar Pak attack is impotent, they might get 20 Indian wkts, but not in one match, probably in 2 or even 3!

You definetly have very short memory, did akhtar played in the last series against india?

magsi23

U19 Debutant
India whitewashing pakistan in pakistan? guys u live in dream world, pakistan were underdogs last series and walked all over india in india, that too without shoaib akhtar, have some sense when you make comments like that, harbhajan is great spinner? since when? only spinner i would rate good is kumble, and last series kaneria took more wickets than kumble

magsi23

U19 Debutant
wahindiawah said:
Funny you say that considering in other thread (after the Pak team was announced) you said that Pakistan would lose all the 3 test matches to India

Just because he said so u think that will happend? try to whitewash zimbabwe 1st forget about white wish beating them would be a big deal these days for u guys