Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The silly season!

International Captain

The silly season!

Its usually round this time the silly season starts and talk of moves interstate start.
    Brad hogg on the weekend showed his disappointment of not being picked on the weekend by saying he may move interstate with casson breathing down his neck their is always the chance.
    A destination mentioned was adelaide but on the weekend dave gilbert from the blues said he would be definitely interested in his services.
    Looking at possible moves;
    murray goodwin comes off contract and alwyas follows the scent of money,
    ryan campbell usually surveys interstate interest,now he has lost his one day place and ronchi is breathing down his neck he may wish a move,
    mathew innes is off contract and seems unhappy at the vics at the moment ie not playing the onedayers and being dropped from the 4 day side a few times,
    gerard denton could go home,
    don nash may look interstate as may doug bollinger,
    lee carlseldine may look for a fresh start after his injury,
    chris simpson and damien mckenzie may move interstate to get a game,michael clark may retire,
    meulman may move interstate tasmania chased him last year,jon davidson is free and playing in sydney,
    jamie cox is fit and not being picked maybe he will chuck it in,
    nick jewell has been in good acb cup form,
    scott brant may settle in england as a kolpak player,
    adam voges may move interstate to get a full season.
    Just trying to get in before the rumours start,btw anyone heard anything other than hoggy.
    Have heard blignaut has gone back home and that shaun ervine may soon follow him.

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley
    Its usually round this time the silly season starts and talk of moves interstate start.
    Brad hogg on the weekend showed his disappointment of not being picked on the weekend by saying he may move interstate with casson breathing down his neck their is always the chance.
    A destination mentioned was adelaide but on the weekend dave gilbert from the blues said he would be definitely interested in his services.
    Looking at possible moves;
    murray goodwin comes off contract and alwyas follows the scent of money,
    ryan campbell usually surveys interstate interest,now he has lost his one day place and ronchi is breathing down his neck he may wish a move,
    mathew innes is off contract and seems unhappy at the vics at the moment ie not playing the onedayers and being dropped from the 4 day side a few times,
    gerard denton could go home,
    don nash may look interstate as may doug bollinger,
    lee carlseldine may look for a fresh start after his injury,
    chris simpson and damien mckenzie may move interstate to get a game,michael clark may retire,
    meulman may move interstate tasmania chased him last year,jon davidson is free and playing in sydney,
    jamie cox is fit and not being picked maybe he will chuck it in,
    nick jewell has been in good acb cup form,
    scott brant may settle in england as a kolpak player,
    adam voges may move interstate to get a full season.
    Just trying to get in before the rumours start,btw anyone heard anything other than hoggy.
    Have heard blignaut has gone back home and that shaun ervine may soon follow him.

Yep blignaut is back home trying to get in the zimbabwe team,He rather would perfer international then domestic.
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

School Boy/Girl Captain Black Thunder's Avatar

Would be a silly move for NSW to take up his services. Very limited cricketer, although he always does give his best. I think he's best bet would be Queensland. Although they are very strong, they don't have much in the way of spinners - Hauritz is ordinary at best.

murray goodwin comes off contract and alwyas follows the scent of money

Can't blame him for following the money - he's got no chance of playing international cricket anymore so might as well get what he can. Will probably stay with WA though.

I think Campbell's career is pretty close to over anyway.

Can't believe the way the Vics have treated him really, and quite silly. He'll definetaly move to a team where he's garunateed a permenant run probably at WA or Tas - NSW and SA's bowling stocks are quite strong. He should've been close to the Australian team by this stage of his career - very unlikely he'll get there now.

don nash may look interstate as may doug bollinger

Definetaly, along with a couple of other NSW quicks. It's very hard to break into this team with internationals McGrath, Lee and MacGill around, while non-internationals in Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark make things very difficult to get a crack into this team. Aaron Bird is a very good young quick bowlers who is yet to get a chance at FC level and i'd say he is a big chance to head interstate next season.

lee carlseldine may look for a fresh start after his injury

Average cricketer anyway

chris simpson and damien mckenzie may move interstate to get a game

I think Simpson may stay but McKenzie definately could go, along with Scott Brant. They are both next in line, but time is slipping away to start making an impact at FC level, particularly for DM who is now 23 years old from memory.

michael clark may retire

Haven't heard about that, but it wouldn't surpise me and it would be very dissapointing. Thought he was going to be a definate chance to wear the bag green one day with his left arm seamers but injuries have taken their toll

Expect a few batsmen on the outskirts of teams - Shaun Marsh, Ed Cowan, Adam Voges, Aaron Nye, Aaron O'Brien, Nick Jewell, Aiden Blizzard etc,. to head towards South Australia, NSW or Tasmania (teams which struggle a bit in terms of batsmen, particularly SA) in the search of getting a permenant place in a FC team, particularly guys who are hitting 22/23 or older as time is started to slip from them.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Greg Blewett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Thunder
    michael clark may retire

What injuries has he sustained? From what i've seen of him he's quite a good bowler.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blewett
    What injuries has he sustained? From what i've seen of him he's quite a good bowler.
    He's a brilliant bowler, but he's had every injury under the sun, and currently its reoccuring back strains IIRC. I heard that over the last few days/weeks he's been back playing some club cricket again, so we might even see him late this season.

Funny, I actually had forgottern about Matthew Inness. It seemed for a while there he was going nowehere BUT the Aussie Team. Now he appears to have been overlooked one too many times and his career has filtered away. Seems to me a move interstate could only be positive.

P.S I read in the newspaper that Ryan Campbell looks to be retiring this season. Its more than likely, anyway.

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

I wouldn't think that Chris Simpson would move. The spin position in Queensland is very open with Hauritz having a shocking season. Simpson has just recovered from an injury and has just started playing again. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get picked in the next Pura cup side after a couple more grade games.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Pinball Champion!
    Good to see Blignaut and Possibly Ervine in the international frame once more..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Greg Blewett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Good to see Blignaut and Possibly Ervine in the international frame once more..

I thought Ervine said he was def. done with Zimbabwe, isn't he engaged or going out with Geoff Marshs daughter or something?

Pinball Champion!
    I thought Ervine said he was def. done with Zimbabwe, isn't he engaged or going out with Geoff Marshs daughter or something?
    Not sure, remember Hayds bumping into him at Johannesburg airport when he was going the other way.. What a feeling that must have been.. Hopefully Blignaut will return though..

i didn't say he may retire, that's what Brockley said.

my comments were:

Haven't heard about that, but it wouldn't surpise me and it would be very dissapointing. Thought he was going to be a definate chance to wear the bag green one day with his left arm seamers but injuries have taken their toll

International Captain
    Michael clark said that earlier this season when he got injured,premature thing to say he is quiet young would be a shame to see him give it away.
    Saw the thing about ervine in zimbabwe last week,he is said to become an aussie citizen,best thing he could do is go to the redbacks they have no allrounder since mick miller quit.
    As to ryan campbell don't know his status but know the case for ronchi is getting stronger and it will be hard to keep him out especially since ronchi seems a gun with the bat.
    Agree on simpson,with hoggy you gotta think casson is gonna knock him out sometime soon casson is a better spinner,a move would be in his interest.
    As to davo he should try somewhere like tassie.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    I don't think we'll see any moves from interstate batsmen to SA. The selectors seem intent on picking locals and have stuck with the current lineup through most of the season. They see some good things in Callum Ferguson (I still say his temperament is suspect), Lil' Boof (despite dropping him temporarily) and others. I would imagine that if SA recruited, it would be a player already quite established as classy and not a state-level reject.

That said, if Scot Mueleman is really looking to move, SA should take a LONG look at him because they're a bit light on opening batsmen.

And as for Hogg, need I remind people that Hogg has 16 wickets at 21.31 and 243 runs at 40.50 (including one hundred and a 90) in 4 Pura Cup matches this season (international committments have obviously impacted on the number of matches he can play). How on Earth can anyone say that WA would be looking to drop him? He's quite obviously WA's best/preferred spinner at the moment and is also batting well. It's his form which is probably keeping Casson out of the side. I also have my doubts about how Casson is 'obviously' a better spinner. He's good and gives the ball one hell of a rip but so does Brad Hogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    I don't think we'll see any moves from interstate batsmen to SA. The selectors seem intent on picking locals and have stuck with the current lineup through most of the season. They see some good things in Callum Ferguson (I still say his temperament is suspect), Lil' Boof (despite dropping him temporarily) and others. I would imagine that if SA recruited, it would be a player already quite established as classy and not a state-level reject.
    not so much South Australia recruiting, but more state fringe players looking for another opportunity. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure South Australia has been quite a happy hunting ground for fringe players over the years to move to in a bid to get their FC Career.

Outside of Ferguson and Cosgrove there isn't all that much real stand out talent. There are a guys like Oswald-Jacobs and Plant and a few others who have come through the ranks but not a whole lot.......

not so much South Australia recruiting, but more state fringe players looking for another opportunity. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure South Australia has been quite a happy hunting ground for fringe players over the years to move to in a bid to get their FC Career.

Outside of Ferguson and Cosgrove there isn't all that much real stand out talent. There are a guys like Oswald-Jacobs and Plant and a few others who have come through the ranks but not a whole lot.......
    This is true but Wayne Phillips has publically stated that he's going to back the current young group through this tough period. The quick demise of John Davison, for example. Where SA is really short is opening batsmen and an allrounder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information