• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PCB seeks Waqar Younis as Bowling couch!!! Decision Announced on Tuesday!

Bouncer

State Regular
Just read on a Pakistani news paper site that PCB is hiring Waqar Younis as Bowling COach for Indian Series...

Your opinion on this issue! 8-)

Greg Blewett

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
pakster said:
Fantasic news if true...Akram would have been a better choice though.

Couldn't agree more, I can never understand why so many great past players are never taken on as coaches of their respective countries.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PCB seeks Waqar Younis as Bowling couch!!!
I have heard of bowling machines but whats a couch to do with bowling :wacko: :wacko:

Greg Blewett

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
BlackCap_Fan said:
Or, I could be joking.

Man, I thought you guys would pick that one up...

Kind of hard to judge sarcasm on here as its:

1) a message board with no tone of voice or expression

2) many many ppl. on here and other message boards do make wild suggestions such as the one you made and mean it, so its hard to decipher whats b.s. and whats serious

All in all, sorry if we took your sarcasm as you being serious.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Greg Blewett said:
Kind of hard to judge sarcasm on here as its:

1) a message board with no tone of voice or expression

2) many many ppl. on here and other message boards do make wild suggestions such as the one you made and mean it, so its hard to decipher whats b.s. and whats serious

All in all, sorry if we took your sarcasm as you being serious.
I would tend to agree. I have "suffered" from this apparent lack of a sense of humour but then I quickly realised that there is so much utterly preposterous 'garbage' around this place, almost anything might get taken as being said with conviction. I mean there is a guy here who actually believes Bradman is over rated and another who said that the Don benefited from bad bowlers and the best/worst of the lot..."the umpires refused to give him out" !!

You cant blame people for taking sarcasm seriously.

But over time you tend to get to know the regulars and their views as well as those with a tip of their tongue perpetually in a side of their cheek :p . But I suppose a smiley (added to the sattire) in such a case helps a bit.

Fiery

Banned
Sanz said:
So Waqar is the new bowling 'Couch'. ;)
Shoaib can sit on him when he gets tired or gets a sore leg. Or if his pea-sized ticker can't pump blood around his body fast enough he can have a rest on Waqar.