Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ICC are a bunch of bullies and make cricket boring.

ICC are a bunch of bullies and make cricket boring.

ICC not amused by criticism of umpires
    http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...11FEB2005.html

It seems to me, that everytime someone attacks the ICC, they don't have the guts to admit it that YES they are at fault but penalise the person who makes such comments with their so called "Level 1/Level 2 Code of conduct"

When Micheal Vaughan express him self about the lights, and should be rightly able to...ICC jumps all over him and threatens him with suspension or fine.

Shoaib Aktar makes a gesture towards the stand when Justin Langer is out, he is breaking a rule of conduct. And when Shewag is called for excess appealing, then you realize that ICC is a joke.

And yes, you have have to admit that the umpring during the VB series was horrible. Why won't the ICC for once accept it that yes, the umpires need to lift their standards instead of just fining and critizing players who raise a concern about the them. The teams are lifting their standards, why doesnt the ICC do the same with their umpires ?

I've always felt the ICC has taken the fun out of cricket. Test match is so boring because of the ICC's code of conduct. That's most people find cricket boring, it's just come out, bat and bowl. All the human aspects of it seem to be getting thrown out.
    -The story in a nutshell is three college dorm students who seek ultimate highs by purchasing and using a bong that is possessed by an evil spirit.

I think if a guy isn't looking and you point him in the directon of the pavillon then that should be ok IMO, but if he is not, then no.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by amokk1
    ICC not amused by criticism of umpires
    http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...11FEB2005.html

It seems to me, that everytime someone attacks the ICC, they don't have the guts to admit it that YES they are at fault but penalise the person who makes such comments with their so called "Level 1/Level 2 Code of conduct"

When Micheal Vaughan express him self about the lights, and should be rightly able to...ICC jumps all over him and threatens him with suspension or fine.

Shoaib Aktar makes a gesture towards the stand when Justin Langer is out, he is breaking a rule of conduct. And when Shewag is called for excess appealing, then you realize that ICC is a joke.

And yes, you have have to admit that the umpring during the VB series was horrible. Why won't the ICC for once accept it that yes, the umpires need to lift their standards instead of just fining and critizing players who raise a concern about the them. The teams are lifting their standards, why doesnt the ICC do the same with their umpires ?

I've always felt the ICC has taken the fun out of cricket. Test match is so boring because of the ICC's code of conduct. That's most people find cricket boring, it's just come out, bat and bowl. All the human aspects of it seem to be getting thrown out.

its pretty much the same in any sport though
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

yeah, test cricket has become boring. but there must be rules in place for dicipline. otherwise the cricket field would resemble a battle field.
    Code:
    CW CRICKET - May 2009
    FC
    M      I     NO    Runs      Avg      Ct      50s      100s      HS
    83    157   8      4237    28.44      79      22         4       169*

O     W    Avg   SR
    45    18   18.7  27

List - A
    M      I      Runs      Avg      Ct    50s    100s      HS
    179   174    5828      37.84     67    48     3        121

OD
    M      I      Runs      Avg    Ct      50s      100s      HS    SR
    27    24     716      35.80    15      6         0       71*   74.58

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dinu23
    yeah, test cricket has become boring. but there must be rules in place for dicipline. otherwise the cricket field would resemble a battle field.
    They are becomming to strick, if they continue to behave like this then indeed cricket will become too boring.
    ------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by dinu23
    Test cricket has become boring????

You obviously have been watching the wrong test matches then,tests are so much better excitement wise than say 15 years ago...IMO anyway

I agree with Swervy.

Anyway watch a game of football (Soccer) and you will see undisipline aimed at the ref and too many too gutless to send a guy off.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I agree with Swervy.

Anyway watch a game of football (Soccer) and you will see undisipline aimed at the ref and too many too gutless to send a guy off.

very true about football....and IMO football (soccer) has been going down the pan for a few years now,in England anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    very true about football....and IMO football (soccer) has been going down the pan for a few years now,in England anyway
    Was only a matter of time before it did, watching some of the foreign leagues they've been consistently diving/cheating/harassing referees merrily for a lot longer than in England, it was only a matter of time before that came over here and once they saw they could get away with that they push the line you shouldn't step across back further.

U19 12th Man
    The brought in strict rules because people complained of inconsistancy/bias, so now the rules say if you do X, you get the penalty, regardless of circumstances.

I wouldn't be surprised if those same people are the ones complaining now....

Well, I only been watching cricket since start of 1999. But for me, the umpires need to get it right. 90% of the time is not good enough. When players like Gilchrist or Tendulkar are given a life...it can have a tremondous outcome on the match.

I ain't complaning or nothing, I think when there is more action and words going on the field, the game is more interesting. Fair enough, if you go too far and too personal, but when you get into trouble for gesturing towards the stand or over appealing..that's when it has to stop.

The players/coaches are complaining because the umpires have not been getting right lately. Players career can be lost in the decision sometimes. ICC should listen to what the players and coaches are saying and try to improve on it, and not just throw out fines and make them quite.

Instead of aknowleding that YES, the umpires had a poor series and we will try and see what we can do. They decide to fine players or hand out suspensions. That's what really annoys me.
    Last edited by amokk1; 12-02-2005 at 07:23 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    yeah i feel players or coaches should be able to say whatever they want off the field. on the field, their actions or words should be monitored, but off the field, people should be allowed to say what they want without being punished.

U19 12th Man
    Players and coaches are allowed to comment on umpires, indeed the captains are required to fill out a report at the end of each match (series?).

The problem is when they do so in the media. 2 reasons for that. The first is that the umpires can't reply ( or do you think umpires commenting on players form/technique would be a good idea? ) and attacking someone publically when they can't reply is just bad behaviour.

The other, and perhaps more important reason is that those in charge of cricket need to look at the game as a whole. Umpiring is a thankless, but necessary job, and the more abuse they cop, the fewer there are who will do the job. The direct effect of this is that at lower levels you just don't get umpires, but in the longer term, having fewer umpires entering the system means the pool from which to pick higher grade umpires gets smaller and the overall standard drops.

There is a BIG difference between having a quiet word with the official questioning a decision and publically saying they stuffed up.
    Last edited by telsor; 12-02-2005 at 08:15 AM.

I do think the ICC are right in fining (or whatever) Woolmer in response to the 29-5 thing, it was stupid to say something like that. You could say something like "we felt we had a few more decisions go against us in that series" that would be fine in my view, but to say oh it was 29-5 against us is a guestimated and therefore worthless statistic, it's worse than the stuff Richard cooks up with his 2nd chance averages.

Pinball Champion!
    I find it pretty bad that you can be fined for moaning about a duff decision, but the umpire can't be fined for making it?

What kind of message does that send out?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information