• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does the Coin Toss have a future?

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Lucky Eddie:
"It strikes me therefore that England ought to lose the toss. The Indians would then bat and field 2 spinners."

not bad at all :)

It looks like India showed some skill today. I credited Hussain with much more intelligence than this. Dissapointing to say the least. As long as that tactic worked, he got the kudos. But you can't use the same tactic irrespective of what the match situation is.
First day at Headingly with seam bowlers Hoggard Caddick and Tudor with some indifferent support from Flintoff and Giles, they could have fancied their chances. Atleast when it was clear that Dravid and Bangar are not going to slash at wide balls or at balls at the ribcage, the tactics should have been changed.

Maybe the second innings will see that change. Any predictions on this one? I think Caddick will be much better next round. I don't expect anything from Flintoff or Giles.