Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal ODI Indian Squad

U19 12th Man

Ideal ODI Indian Squad

Here's my ideal ODI Squad:

With Ganguly retiring from ODIs to concentrate on tests, the ODI captaincy is given to Rahul Dravid, with Virender Sehwag as his vice captain. Shikhar Dhawan is drafted in as the opener and Mahendra Dhoni as the wicketkeeper, freeing Dravid. Here's my ideal lineup:

Shikhar Dhawan
    Mahendra Dhoni+
    Rahul Dravid*
    Sachin Tendulkar
    Virender Sehwag
    Mohammed Kaif
    Yuvraj Singh
    Irfan Pathan
    Zaheer Khan
    Lakshmipathy Balaji
    Harbhajan Singh

There are four full-time bowlers, with three part-time spin options in Tendulkar's leg spin, Sehwag's off spin and Yuvraj's left arm orthodox spin. Of course they won't have to combine for more than 10 overs. Pathan and Balaji should share the new ball, and Zaheer should come in as first change, and Harbhajan after the fielding restrictions are removed after 15 overs. I think this is a real good team. Yuvraj at 7 plays the role that Kemp and Afridi do now, that is to accelerate the scoring in the last 5-10 overs. Sehwag has said he doesn't like opening in ODIs, and Tendulkar has had success batting lower down. Dravid can come in at #3 now that he wouldn't have to keep. Dhawan and Dhoni have shown their abilities in domestic matches and seem a pair to watch out for, and Dhoni seems perfectly suited to ODIs, and his keeping is solid as well. Kaif at 6 is good as he can play the second anchor role to ground the team in case of a collapse. (Dravid playing the first anchor at #3).

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I am not sure about Dhawan, maybe have Sachin still opening and have someone else in the side, but otherwise it looks good.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Is Ganguly really retiring from ODI? Is is official ? Or was it just a scenario of your IDEAL side?
    -The story in a nutshell is three college dorm students who seek ultimate highs by purchasing and using a bong that is possessed by an evil spirit.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by amokk1
    Is Ganguly really retiring from ODI? Is is official ? Or was it just a scenario of your IDEAL side?
    Just my dream!!

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    How many threads are we going to have about this damn india squad.No matter what kind os squad you would pick is not going to be the real squad.
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    How many threads are we going to have about this damn india squad.No matter what kind os squad you would pick is not going to be the real squad.
    Maybe we should have one about the Pakistani squad. Let me suggest a good one:

An Idiot
    A Moron
    A Dildo
    A Jackass
    A Queer
    A Bitch
    An *******
    A Jerkoff
    A Dork
    A Spazz
    A Fag

Good squad, eh?

Hexxagon Champion!
    WTF ?

cp had a point there. Do a search and you'll find innumerable threads about the Indian team.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangster

An Idiot
    A Moron
    A Dildo
    A Jackass
    A Queer
    A Bitch
    An *******
    A Jerkoff
    A Dork
    A Spazz
    A Fag

Good squad, eh?
    come on man, i think u should be a little nice. you're trying to start something here. as far as this topic goes, i think india face the same dilemma pakistan has, no solid opening pair. i think they should go for the dependable ganguly-tendulkar pair. i think they did well.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by rehanyazdani
    come on man, i think u should be a little nice. you're trying to start something here. as far as this topic goes, i think india face the same dilemma pakistan has, no solid opening pair. i think they should go for the dependable ganguly-tendulkar pair. i think they did well.
    Yes, I'm sorry, I got carried away. I apologize. I have shown respect for the Pakistani team before and defended them numerous times.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Yes, I'm sorry, I got carried away. I apologize. I have shown respect for the Pakistani team before and defended them numerous times.
    Well Done, Gangster, for accepting your mistake.

Very well done rehanyazdani for reacting so maturely. I wish others would learn from this exchange.

I salute the two of you.

The only time the Indian Squad will be ideal is when the selectors have the guts to drop players who don't perform. Shewag is a hit and miss opening the ODI, is there anyone else in India who can open consistently instead of Shewag?

Ganguly's form of late has been rubbish, but the selectors don't have the guts to drop him and try a different talent? Look @ Matthew Hayden, one poor series and he was axed, Ganguly can have 100 poor series..and still be in contention.

The bowling department for India is hopeless. The selectors keep changing bowlers every match, there is no consistency. It's also suprising how India use lower order teams to practise new talent. If they play against Zimbabwe, we'll send Patel to open the batting, just incase he can do something. If they play against Bangaldesh, we'll leave Pathan out and give someone else a go. I don't mind seening new faces being given a go, but the bottom line is that India are like right at the bottom of the ODI rankings.

I suggest, they should get themselves organized, before they give others a go. The whole management needs a lift. The Selectors need to show that if you can't perform, you are out. But, when they start dropping Laxman ahead of Ganguly or any bowler for Ajit Agarkar, there is something very wrong.

That's how I Feel.

An Idiot
    A Moron
    A Dildo
    A Jackass
    A Queer
    A Bitch
    An *******
    A Jerkoff
    A Dork
    A Spazz
    A Fag

Good squad, eh?
    You represent the true face of an american.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    1. Tendulkar
    2. Sehwag
    3. Dravis
    4. Kaif
    5. Yuvraj
    6. Ganguly
    7. Dhoni
    8. Pathan
    9. Balaji
    10. Nehra
    11 Harbhajan/Kumble/Kartik

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    1. Tendulkar
    2. Sehwag
    3. Dravis
    4. Kaif
    5. Yuvraj
    6. Ganguly
    7. Dhoni
    8. Pathan
    9. Balaji
    10. Nehra
    11 Harbhajan/Kumble/Kartik
    I think ganguly should be sended before kaif.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    I think ganguly should be sended before kaif.
    Of late Ganguly has slowed down at the top. He might come in handy lower down with his clean big hitting and he can guide the lower order in case the other seniors are gone.

Its a good idea to have some experience lower down. It always help. Unfortunately we only have Kumble who isnt much of a bat.

If we had someone like Moin Khan to come lower it would have been okay. Today it is a whole lot of youngsters and you need someone to calm things down and take charge of the situation with maturity while being able to score briskly himself. Ganguly fits that beautifully.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information