• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ideal ODI Indian Squad

pakster

U19 12th Man
I've always been of the opinion that a team's best batsmen should open, regardless of their current form, india's best are Ganguly and tendulkar. Make them open, and stick with them - it will pay off for sure.

Ganguly
Tendulkar
Kaif
Dravid
Yuvraj
Sehwag
Dhoni
Powar
Pathan
Zaheer/Agarkar
Balaji

Very strong batting lineup, big hitters at the end. Quite a robust unit. Kaif should stay at number 3, that position is his - he is an accumulator and should not, under any circumstances, play down the order. Having a player like sehwag comming in at 6 means India have an effective low-order batsman to dispatch tiresome bowlers to the boundary. Powar should be given more of a chance, from what I saw of him in the samsung cup, he looked like a very decent all rounder.

Tis all academic really, any team India produce will be no match for the mighty pakistan!

2-0, 4-1

Last edited:

cricket player

International Debutant
take out power and put ajit agarkar in there.India needs four seamers and power doesnt pick up wickets daily basis's as agarkar does.

pakster said:
Tis all academic really, any team India produce will be no match for the mighty pakistan!

2-0, 4-1
LOL, its more like the other way around. Even your former ex-players have finally realised that India has the far superior team.

India 3-0 (tests)
India 4-1 (onedayers)

Being a good host i would like to see Pakistan win atleast one match, we Indians don't like to see our guest returning back empty handed
:p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I bet Bahutule doesnt have as many supporters in the whole country as he has on this board :p

The fellow is a joke and will NEVER play for India again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like SJS's side overall, but I would have Zaheer over Nehra, I still rate Zaheer higher than Nehra in ODIs. Also, I think it might be worthwhile to try Sehwag at no.6 with Sourav-Sachin opening again. Might not be a bad idea to even have Dhoni at the top of the order, where he has had so much success over the last couple of seasons. We were the amongst the worst ODI sides in the world last year and I think the time has come to change quite a number of things about our ODI side.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
I like SJS's side overall, but I would have Zaheer over Nehra, I still rate Zaheer higher than Nehra in ODIs. Also, I think it might be worthwhile to try Sehwag at no.6 with Sourav-Sachin opening again. Might not be a bad idea to even have Dhoni at the top of the order, where he has had so much success over the last couple of seasons. We were the amongst the worst ODI sides in the world last year and I think the time has come to change quite a number of things about our ODI side.
Its a close call between Zaheer and Nehra. Zaheer has had a very mixed time.

Its not a bad idea about Ganguly opening but I somehow get a feeling he is trying to go for a few more hundreds to leave his mark on the game. This has caused him to slow down. His flare is missing. Maybe he will recover it at the top. Conversely his problems with short pitched deliveries may be exploited by the better bowlers.

I am not sure he can handle Akhtars pace coming at his ribs.

Dhoni is still too flamboyant and will get knocked around a bit before he discovers that between the domestic game and the international game there is a difference and a critical one. Till then trying him at the top is risky and I dont think we need to do that with our batting depth.

I dont think we have a problem getting off to a good start. The problems will be to score 100 runs in the last ten overs ! If everyone who is scoring lower down is sent up, Yuvraj included, then we will have a problem in the slog overs. The people who score cameos in slog overs like Razzaq are no less important than those who score 80's at the top.