• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bodyline - Historical Fiction

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
Just noticed (in case anybody's still interested in this) that the Aussie Bodyline miniseries with Sweet and Weaving has just been re-released in Australia as a 3 DVD set, for around $45.00AU - don't know about it's status in the UK though.

Yes, I bought it, and quite enjoyed it.

Jardine's motives were explained well. Instead of just making him out to be an imperialistic superior with a vendeta against Australia, it actually explained that the tactics were a result of his obsession with Bradman and how to get him out.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't use this mini-series as a guide to any facts, it's artistic license goes to the lengths of portraying one individual as a drunk and includes another who played no part in the actual events.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lillian Thomson said:
I wouldn't use this mini-series as a guide to any facts, it's artistic license goes to the lengths of portraying one individual as a drunk and includes another who played no part in the actual events.
There's nothing wrong with that.

a) I use artistic license all the time
b) I'm a drunk
c) I played no part in the actual events.

Should I ask for Royalties?

jot1

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
There's nothing wrong with that.

a) I use artistic license all the time
b) I'm a drunk
c) I played no part in the actual events.

Should I ask for Royalties?
Classic, as usual. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They showed the mini-series here about two years ago on tv. Enjoyed it tremendously, even though it maybe wasn't completely factual, twas great entertainment.:)

archie mac

International Coach
I purchsed the DVD just recently, very funny in places, and they managed to get most of it right to!

Bodyline the Novel is a good read, most of the players whom took part hated it.

Bodyline Autopsy by David Frith has everything you could want to know about the Bodyline series.

Also Larwood's book 'The Larwood story' is a very good read. :)