• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is this Legend Quiz !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I did not want to put such a conventional picture but since I do not have access to my library here and I was not prepared for a second quiz today itself, I am making do withy this.

Who is this Legend Quiz # 2

Who is this batsman stepping out towards the leg stump to drive inside-out so commandingly?

He holds two world records which, in my opinion, may never get broken.

Mandatory Clue : He is almost a legend :)

Attachments

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Now that you mention it, yes.

They look like the hockey goal keepers pads. I remember the pads for keepers WERE big in the sixties when I was in school but I dont remember them to be this big. Maybe a clue there ?? :p

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:
Now that you mention it, yes.

They look like the hockey goal keepers pads. I remember the pads for keepers WERE big in the sixties when I was in school but I dont remember them to be this big. Maybe a clue there ?? :p
What, a clue for the guy or a clue for your age ;) hehe just kidding

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
I was going to guess someone then but if the pic was taken in the 60's then i changed my mind!!
I never said anything like that now, did I ?? :p

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:
Haha youre so sly... confusing everyone! lol.... im gonna get this one out of the way!

Did he play in the 60's?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat : Is he english?.....YES :)
benchmark00 : Did he play in the 60's? .....NO :)

(Remember, you are allowed only one question and then one guess. If you dont get it right, then you have to wait for the first hint and then you can ask another question and post another guess and so on)

twctopcat

International Regular
SJS said:
Well that's how i interpreted it, but are you bluffing/double bluffing? You're too cunning SJS, as cunning as a cunning fox who has just been made a professor of cunning at oxford university. :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Well that's how i interpreted it, but are you bluffing/double bluffing? You're too cunning SJS, as cunning as a cunning fox who has just been made a professor of cunning at oxford university. :D
Come on topcat. You will never find a more simple minded guy then me. You pain me by calling me a cunning fox :cry: :cry:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat : Is he english?.....YES :)
benchmark00 : Did he play in the 60's? .....NO :)
twctopcat : A shot in the dark - Jim Laker. ....NO :sleep: