• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is this Legend Quiz !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset said:
He played in 28 test matches...
NO. That was Alexander C Bannerman.
Charles bannerman,
the first batsman to face a ball in test cricket
the first to score a fifty
the first to score a century
the first to retire hurt
the holder of the record of highest proportion of a team's total score in an innings , a record that has stod through the 129 years of test cricket !!

played only three test matches.

Well done Jason. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Your turn.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset said:
Still can't be him - he died in 1924 while Bradman only made his debut in 1928.
It certainly can't be Billy Midwinter, because he died very shortly after his playing days. The other option is Blackham, but my guess it must be Bannerman.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
NO. That was Alexander C Bannerman.
Charles bannerman,
the first batsman to face a ball in test cricket
the first to score a fifty
the first to score a century
the first to retire hurt
the holder of the record of highest proportion of a team's total score in an innings , a record that has stod through the 129 years of test cricket !!

played only three test matches.

Well done Jason. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Your turn.
Ah, was completely off track - I was looking at the 1880 tour scorecard in which A.Bannerman was playing, rather than the 1978 one. Well done Jason.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is this ? (I am not good at posting pictures like SJS in terms of hiding parts of pictures , so it's probably bloody easy !!)
(And sorry fellas I am going off line soon, and so I can only chck answers tomorrow!!) :)

Attachments

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
:D

Bingo !! Well done !! Your turn !! :D :D :D
That was superb. When you said Bert Sutcliffe, I thought you were just hitting out blindly since Sutcliffe was a left hander. But this was too good.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy